PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed w finding new OS on 8830

paramedic18
11-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Im rather annoyed with verizon right now.. when i go to that retarded smithmicro site thing that they have software on, no matter what pc i attempt to download it with, i get a 404 error.

ive looked around here but cant seem to find a link that actually WORKS!:cry:(n). ive asked verizons support folks and they defer to that site, which DOESNT WORK. ive tried both my work pc, my broadband card from VZ, and my home connection and i cant get it to download, get the same error message.

im currently running 4.2.2.176 and would like to upgrade.

thanks for any help.

james
Fire/EMS Dispatcher

akosnitzky
11-02-2008, 08:53 PM
You have a current version.

Otherwise, you can download 4.2.2.196 here

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/131271-latest-8830-os-4-2-2-365-4-2-2-196-multilanguage-sprint.html

After installing to your PC, remove the vendor.xml file.

chrisg23
11-02-2008, 08:57 PM
When I called Verizon about that issue the verizon rep walked me through finding the beta .77 OS online and how to install it... didn't expect that at all.

akosnitzky
11-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Lucky you :-)

paramedic18
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
You have a current version.

Otherwise, you can download 4.2.2.196 here

*removed cuz the forum doesnt like me :cry::cry:*

After installing to your PC, remove the vendor.xml file.

cuz i looked at a list on here and i think im like 3 or 4 revs out.. i think the new one is 196 or something like that, but the link included in that list doesnt work @<hidden> vz site :(

so just download that package, remove vendor.xml and everything else can be uploaded?

paulmac
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Im rather annoyed with verizon right now.. when i go to that retarded smithmicro site thing that they have software on, no matter what pc i attempt to download it with, i get a 404 error.

ive looked around here but cant seem to find a link that actually WORKS!:cry:(n). ive asked verizons support folks and they defer to that site, which DOESNT WORK. ive tried both my work pc, my broadband card from VZ, and my home connection and i cant get it to download, get the same error message.

im currently running 4.2.2.176 and would like to upgrade.

thanks for any help.

james
Fire/EMS Dispatcher

There were other post saying that 4.5.0.77 was available from Verizon, but evidently they pulled it, and there link on the site is now broken. I have been running the 4.5.0.77 on my 8830 for a month or so now. If I had a link for it I would share it, but I don't (and you can't post a link for beta software on the forum anyway) all I can say is you just have to hunt around for it. It's out there.

akosnitzky
11-03-2008, 12:38 PM
cuz i looked at a list on here and i think im like 3 or 4 revs out.. i think the new one is 196 or something like that, but the link included in that list doesnt work @<hidden> vz site :(

so just download that package, remove vendor.xml and everything else can be uploaded?

Yes. Remove the vendor.xml file once it is installed to your PC

bcreekski
11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
I never have any problem accessing the download site for VZW software on any of my 4 computers. They have just put version 4.5 for Desktop Manager on the site. I have downloaded and it works perfectly. We are all still waiting for them to release the OS 4.5. If you have trouble reaching the download site, I would venture to say that you should stay away from the non-VZW releases of a new OS.

DHPress
11-03-2008, 05:32 PM
i'm running 4.2.2.196....all is well