PDA

View Full Version : Help with - mobileme and Blackberry

holden
11-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi...
I just got a request from one of our higher ups that he wants access to mobileme (apple email). (:cry:)
We have a tough firewall setup and mobileme does not support IE - which we use exclusively in our Corp. environment. So I was thinking, can I setup BIS to push mail from Mobileme to his blackberry?

Has anyone done this before??

Thx...

H.

funkyp56
11-03-2008, 12:44 PM
your only option is BIS pop/imap mail, I have it on mine.

mrtune
11-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I have my mobileme email being pushed to my blackberry. It's not instant, but no more than 15-20min delay before it hits my phone.

I set it up via BIS.

Also, the mobileme website will work in IE. Not all feaures work 100%, but I believe the webmail parts work good enough to check and send emails. No way to avoid the stupid error message that pops up when trying to log in, but there is a bypass link you can click on to continue to the login page.

holden
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
your only option is BIS pop/imap mail, I have it on mine.

Thx funkyp56...

I have my mobileme email being pushed to my blackberry. It's not instant, but no more than 15-20min delay before it hits my phone.

I set it up via BIS.

Also, the mobileme website will work in IE. Not all feaures work 100%, but I believe the webmail parts work good enough to check and send emails. No way to avoid the stupid error message that pops up when trying to log in, but there is a bypass link you can click on to continue to the login page.

Hi mrtune...

Thx and I will check it out. And thank you both for the reply as we normally do not support BIS setups in our BES environment.

H.

rambo47
11-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm using my .Mac/MobileMe email account as my primary email and it now functions as instant push over BIS. I set it up as an IMAP account and everything else is just the default settings. I'm also getting pretty fast sync between my BB and Mac. Sent email appears in my .Mac "Sent Items" folder, opened mail on my BB appears as opened on my Mac, and if I delete something on my BB it shows up in my "Deleted Items" folder on .Mac so it's all pretty spiffing.

holden
11-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Rambo...

Thx for the reply... This is what I was hoping. Now, I am just trying to get my hands on the device. I spoke with our security dept. and they said Safari and Firefox are off limits on the corp. image for our laptops. So, I figured this would be a workaround... Now, I just hope it will satisfy my customer....