PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8700 - Only Sent Emails Show

yeah yeah
11-03-2008, 01:44 PM
All,

Need some help with an 8700. I'm pretty sure it's the user rather than the device, so we'll try and see.

I have a BES environment (BE4.1) at my job. And the last couple of days, a user complained she was missing email on her BB. So I took a look, and only the Sent email was showing. Sent and Phone calls. That's it. I tried some test messages, they all went out fine. But when I replied back to those test emails from another BB, none of those emails would ever get to her BB.

So if she sends emails from her BB or from her computer, those will show up on the Blackberry. But nothing from the Inbox ever shows.

Here's what I did so far.

Reactivated her BB. Everything synced back...even phone call logs. Notes, tasks, contacts, calendar, but not the mailbox. None of it. So I sent over the service book, and only Sent Items showed up.

Deleted her out of BES (completely, removed her stats), re-added her, activated the BB. Looks like it's up. Saw a couple of test emails show up. Good. Gave her back the BB, and she dropped it off again. Looked at the BB, and now it looks exactly the same as it was before. All the Inbox items disappeared, and only Sent Items are showing.

Our BES server has over 130+ users, and she is the only person having issues.

Thoughts?

PhanMan
11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Do you have any Filters enabled on incoming mail?

Have you checked the redirection settings for Inbox?

Is the mail being filed into a subfolder in her mailbox by use of Rules? If so, do you have redirection enabled on those folders?

Also, make sure that Hide Filed messages isn't enabled.

juwaack68
11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Yea, sounds like a filter in Outlook is moving email to another folder. When you send her a test email from your account, does it show in the Inbox in her Outlook client?

yeah yeah
11-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan. The user does have a rule to move all emails to her PST. I asked her and she had no clue what I was asking about. Looked at her Outlook, and yeah, everything automatically moves to a PST.

...but, she said she ALWAYS had this rule, so that's why she didn't know what I was talking about. So is there a way for email to stay on her BB even if it moves to a PST? She said it's always worked, just until recently. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere that can maintain the messages.

edit...