PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry 8820 not charging and files not transferring.

Steve-Macau
11-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Hello all, this is my first time here as I have never had too many issues I couldn't figure out with my BlackBerry.

So I have had this BB for about 8 months, and everything worked pretty well when I first got it.
Let me just say, I use Windows Vista to do all of my music and file transfers, use basic applications and am connected to my work email.

When I first got the BB, I wanted to add music, so I bought a 4gig MicroSD memory; installed it, and through Roxio, transferred songs to my BB.

Long story short, computer died, didn't reinstall desktop software; couldn't transfer music anymore; wasn't crying about it.

Reinstalled Vista about 2 months ago, and got the BB software; can charge through computer and outlets fine, and even got music to transfer just through windows (making my memory card a mass storage device).

All was well.

Now the last 2 days, I haven't changed software, or done anything funky, I can't transfer music anymore or pictures or anything to my BB, my computer picks up that my BB is there, but doesn't give me a remove devices option, but does show up as a removable drive. I can transfer music to my folders, but it never appears or is playable on my BB.

I find this odd, but nothing pressing or really relevent.

I search for a solution, see that maybe need to format drive, do so, transfer files again, it goes back to exactly the same files as before (strange) even though I transferred new/different ones and works! I find this just completely messed up.

Now, besides that issue; today I have it plugged into my computer trying to figure out my files transfer thing, format the drive, and now my BB won't charge via USB...so that is kinda odd. I replug in everything, reboot BB, etc.
Nothing.
Won't charge.

So I plug it into a power outlet directly, won't charge.

I am lost here, and luckily my work provides the BB, so I can grab a spare, but my BrickBreaker score is 700,000 :P and don't want to lose it haha.

Any ideas what the issues are?

Thanks kindly,

Steve

Edit: Forgot to add I am downloading the new 4.6 software with media manager (assuming that is Roxio?) to try to do file transfers. I hope it isn't the Media manager that is built into desktop manager, because that doesn't work at all.

evilblade
11-04-2008, 05:25 AM
If you connect usb cable to any other usb socket is anything happened?

Steve-Macau
11-04-2008, 07:30 AM
If you connect usb cable to any other usb socket is anything happened?

Buhahaa, yea it does it works...and socket now works.

Musta just been tired of having it formatted, copied to, and changing settings.

So that issue is fixed, you sir are a savior.

Now, for my music issues...still trying :)

evilblade
11-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm happy to read that.

Regards,
Rob