PDA

View Full Version : Speakerphone comes on when in holster!?

DarkDDM
11-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi folks,

I have a strange problem.

I am running 4.5.0.55 on the 8700v, which is the latest Vodafone OS. EVERY
time I receive a call w/ the BB resting in the holster, I pull it out, answer the
call by pressing the green button or the trackwheel, my speakerphone comes
on automatically.

It comes on and then switches back to "handset" after a second or two -
again, all by itself.

No matter how long I let it ring, what profile I activate or how I answer the
incoming call - it always shows that behavior!? It is totally annoying the
callers as they have massive echoes, feedback issues and alike.

It doesn't affect the call itself or happens again during the call. It's always
there when the BB is in the holster. Outside everything works like a charme...

Any ideas? :?

Thanks,
Dark.

manpreet
12-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey, I have pretty much the same problem. I was on v4.2 and up'ed to 4.5 a few days ago and now, even out of the holster, when I press the green answer button, the speaker is on for the first few seconds and it makes the conversation awkward, like the caller can't hear you, then after 2 or 3 "hellos?", the caller sudden;y hears you. I rarely use the holster, I have my phone in an aluminum rhino case and this auto speaker on happens in and out of the protective case.

I initially had brower issues. After upgrading, I lost my Google Maps, so I kept trying to go to many different recommended Google sites to reinstall Maps and none of the sites would initiate installation. A few days later, the same sites in my browser memory worked and I was able to finally install Google Maps (I mentioned that issue in another post as a reply, I'm sure that was not SOP, sorry!).

I would appreciate hearing from someone about this. I tried to look through a lot of the setup options but could not find a resolution to this anywhere. I'll keep checking BBF, you guys are pretty helpful...thanks!

manpreet
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey Dark, look what I found:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/155600-when-answering-call-speaker-phone-picks-up-few-seconds-os-4-5-a.html