PDA

View Full Version : No audible email alert

mikelg
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I apologise if this has been asked before but I cannot find a reference to this issue....I have a newly-acquired 7290 and set the (default) profile I am using to issue an audible alert on receipt of an email message as well as a phone call. The unit provides the specified audible alert for incoming calls but nothing for any email messages. I have tried different options but nothing seems to work and I wondered if someone can tell me what silly thing I have overlooked. Many thanks.

Dusty Saddle
09-20-2005, 06:34 PM
I apologise if this has been asked before but I cannot find a reference to this issue....I have a newly-acquired 7290 and set the (default) profile I am using to issue an audible alert on receipt of an email message as well as a phone call. The unit provides the specified audible alert for incoming calls but nothing for any email messages. I have tried different options but nothing seems to work and I wondered if someone can tell me what silly thing I have overlooked. Many thanks.
Go to Profile, Messages, push trackwheel, select Edit and check the settings that are shown for both Out of Holster and In Holster. Your volume might be set too low or the tone you have selected is not working properly.

RMBlackBerry
09-20-2005, 06:41 PM
ya dusty that does sound right.

mikelg
09-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Many thanks.