PDA

View Full Version : ADP media player

VR6
09-20-2005, 05:20 PM
anyone know of an app for the PC that can play ADP files?

i want to listen to the .adp files on my PC before i download them on my BB so i can just get ones i want instead of browsing ALL the files using my data allowance...

KonTiki
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Phillips Mobile Tools has one.

VR6
09-20-2005, 08:13 PM
would you have a link to this handy?

KonTiki
09-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Try here: www.p4c.philips.com/files/ct5398_atusavp2_ics_eng.zip (http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/ct5398_atu_savp2_ics_eng.zip)

look on the page for software click on it and download the zipped file

jasonb
09-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Also, if you do a search on the forums, there is one that has it and a link to Goldwave tool so that you can make you own ringtones.. I don't remember the forum name off the top of my head. I think it might be under the ringtone sticky forum

VR6
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Try here: www.p4c.philips.com/files/ct5398_atusavp2_ics_eng.zip (http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/ct5398_atu_savp2_ics_eng.zip)

look on the page for software click on it and download the zipped file

broken link!!! :(

corruptblitz
09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/c/ct5398_atusavp2/ct5398_atusavp2_ics_eng.zip

VR6
09-21-2005, 01:44 PM
thanks, but when i follow these instructions and cancel when it asks what Phillips phone I have I go to the menu > tools > and the media studio is greyed out...

"Mobile Phone Tools can apparently be used to sync contacts, email, etc, but we have a Blackberry so we don't care about that functionality. All we need this program for is the Multimedia Center. Click the Menu button, then Tools, then Multimedia Center. Once this opens click on the button that says Melody Studio. Open your wav, click Save As, and select Oki ADPCM as the file type."

it's like the program is waiting for something and all i can access is the email link

corruptblitz
09-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok everyone I got the new version of mobil tools working. Heres what I did.

1st you will need to open up the mulitimedia studio directly. You can no longer access this from the main application without a phone connected.

To do this

open up your search feature and locate the file MMCenter.exe (Should be in the Mobile Tools main directly.

From here it will attempt to make a connection with a phone. DO NOT HIT CANCEL. Let it error out. It will then ask how this is connected. I selected BlueTooth. It then attempted to connect to the device again and of course did not find one. It then asked me if I would like to setup the phone manually. I said yes. I do not remember which phone I selected but after that I was able to use the media center with no problems.

VR6
09-21-2005, 02:57 PM
thanks corruptblitz that got me through to the app! but it still doesn't look like it can open .adp files and play them...

corruptblitz
09-21-2005, 03:27 PM
It opens them for me, I just double click on them while it's in the browse mode and the My PC tab is open.

VR6
09-21-2005, 04:22 PM
damn...when i'm in the My PC tab it doesn't see the .adp files...just looks like nothing is there...

corruptblitz
09-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Have you tried already making an .adp ringtone with the program? That's the only thing I can think of that I did differently than you. I doubt that the random phones we picked out of the list matter.

VR6
09-22-2005, 12:21 PM
no, i don't want to make any ringtones, i just want to listen to ones online and only d/l the ones i like. it's very expensive and slow to listen to all the ringtones using the BB. anyone else got this thing to play ADP sound files?

KonTiki
09-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I dont understand the problem, I installed it, I run the multimedia application, direct it to the place in the directory that it installed search until i find the adp files and they play. There are several samples that they included with the application, I am sorry it is not working for you.

VR6
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
the problem is that that program doesn't see .adp files...it only opens .mpr files...so i can't even select an .adp file...

KonTiki
09-22-2005, 03:11 PM
I understand what you are saying but cannot figure it out unless there was a problem with the installation, that maybe unistalling the ap and reloading would not cure. IN my machione it works fine, I can play mp3, adp, and mid, i have used the samples it brought and my own.

corruptblitz
09-22-2005, 03:59 PM
What do you mean it's expensive to browse tones on the BB? Check out http://luckyluciano.completelyfreehosting.com/ringtones/download.php on your BB, they're free. Making them is free too, of course.

VR6
09-22-2005, 07:01 PM
well it's more cumbersome and annoying than expensive but if you didn't have unlimited bandwidth, it would cost you dearly to peruse the ringtones...

VR6
10-05-2005, 04:30 PM
additional notes:
1) when it prompts you to install a modem just choose Other Device and select Next NOT 'Add'
2) then Next again (I didn't change anything on this screen)
3) then check off "do not automatically detect driver. select from a list" and click next
4) then select Xenium9@<hidden> USB (other models may or may not work but this one works for sure)...click next
5) then wait about 10s for it to install (no pop up window or any indication of it working)

then load up MMCenter and you're set!

pharma1
10-05-2005, 06:15 PM
the problem is that that program doesn't see .adp files...it only opens .mpr files...so i can't even select an .adp file...

It sounds like you are in the MMS Studio area. You need to click to the Melody Studio section. That will show all files including .adp. MMS Studio is where you compose the sounds so it is only looking for that file type.

specktur
10-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I am having the same trouble. I opened Multimedia Center and went to the melody studio and NO files show up at all, not even the files in the multimedia directory supplied with the program. I searched and came up with this thread. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

VR6
10-06-2005, 03:40 PM
you have to uninstall and reinstall the philips mobile phone tools...then follow my instructions to install the "right phone" in order to see/play the ADP files...

VR6
10-06-2005, 03:42 PM
It sounds like you are in the MMS Studio area. You need to click to the Melody Studio section. That will show all files including .adp. MMS Studio is where you compose the sounds so it is only looking for that file type.

no i wasn't...i was in the stuido section with the musical notes...i just installed the wrong type of phone...

if you're having trouble seeing the ADP files, follow my instructions above and you should be fine

Gossamer
10-18-2005, 09:31 PM
you have to uninstall and reinstall the philips mobile phone tools...then follow my instructions to install the "right phone" in order to see/play the ADP files...

Still didn't work for me. After trying to detect 20-30 seconds, it goes to another phone detection screen, and then after that one times out, I get 4 options. USB Cable, Bluetooth, Infrared, Serial Cable. There is no "Other Phone" option. I try USB, then hit cancel, I'm in to the software, but can't see the files in the C:\Program Files\mobile PhoneTools\Multimedia directory or anywhere else. I notice that ADP file types are still registered to Microsoft Access, so it looks like the program didn't register the file types.

There has to be better software out there for this. Even a codec I can install.. Something. :razz:

VR6
10-19-2005, 02:04 PM
follow corruptblitz's instructions first and then follow mine...you have to pick bluetooth and then after it doesn't find any, install manually

arabdream
04-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok everyone,

I'm a new 7100 user. I"ve been using a MiKE 7520 for the longest time, and i just got a 7100V. I would like to know 2 things:

1) What do I need to load adp files into my blackberry directly from my PC

2) What program do I use to convert MP3 files to ADP files?

I would love it if someone would help out a fellow bb user, but an amatuer! heheheh