PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Trackwheel Stuck

CarBob
11-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi Y'all,

My spouse is using my old BB 7130e, and the trackwheel is stuck. :-(

Can anything be done to unstick it that doesn't require taking it apart? Thanks in advance.

- CB

"BLACKBERRY for LIFE"

blalock
11-12-2008, 05:15 AM
Ive never owned this blackberry but from my exp. in this issue the only thing to be done is file a claim on it if you have ins, otherwise find someone who knows how to take them apart..Its more than likely the spring under the track wheel is worn..
Good luck

braambo
11-12-2008, 05:23 AM
Say this isn't so...I have the same problem. My phone isn't use able right now because of it...I can't take it apart nor do I know anyone who could...I guess if I can't fix it, I have to go and buy a new one...amazon has them for $6 to $9US plus shipping...there is a couple good reviews on them also...My blackberry is barely over 1 month old and already I have this problem...:-(

blalock
11-12-2008, 05:26 AM
If your blackberry is only one month old, you should still have a manufacture warranty on it..I would sure touch base with my local carriers store and see what can be done about it. Most carriers can file a ticket on it if you do not have insurance.

braambo
11-12-2008, 05:26 AM
I was told by a friend that you can submerge the trackball unit itself in alcohol for about 30 seconds and let it dry and then try it...he told me it fixed his, has anybody tried this? I'm worried to try it, fear to ruin my trackball all together.

braambo
11-12-2008, 05:27 AM
My Blackberry is T-Mobile branded, but I no longer have them...They messed up too much...So I think I'm on my own right?
Unless I were to walk into a tmob store and act as though I am still with them lol....I don't think that would work out too well..

blalock
11-12-2008, 05:31 AM
My Blackberry is T-Mobile branded, but I no longer have them...They messed up too much...So I think I'm on my own right?
Unless I were to walk into a tmob store and act as though I am still with them lol....I don't think that would work out too well..

Yeah it wouldnt work..I use to work for them..They will ask for your mobile number, and yeah..They will then know you are no longer with them. I replied to your other thread about cleaning your trackball..Check it out..Hope it helps.

CarBob
11-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi Y'all,

My spouse is using my old BB 7130e, and the trackwheel is stuck. :-(

Can anything be done to unstick it that doesn't require taking it apart? Thanks in advance.

- CB

"BLACKBERRY for LIFE"

Thanks to those who replied. I've heard that 'compressed air' might help by blowing out the dust. Has anyone tried this? If so, what brand name is it, and did the track wheel become unstuck? Thanks.

- CB

braambo
11-13-2008, 04:35 AM
I've been busy with other things, but I am soon either later today or tomorrow I will get around to getting some alcohol and some compressed air, and I'll let everyone know how it goes...Hope it works

Edit: I was able to get down to work again, so now I have down left and right, but no up...I wasn't able to get compressed air or anything atm, but I did have a cleaning wipe which I sorta rubbed onto the trackball and moved it a bit. This is the first time I really looked at the trackball and carefully watched the four little rollers thingys, how did down free up and start working but it won't go up? I just don't get it...again it's mechanical not electronic, cause it just physically won't go up...

braambo
11-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks to those who replied. I've heard that 'compressed air' might help by blowing out the dust. Has anyone tried this? If so, what brand name is it, and did the track wheel become unstuck? Thanks.

- CB

I used a cleaning wipe that I had, something in it has alcohol or something to it, I was able to get the trackball to go down again, but not up...my guess is everyone saying about using alcohol to clean it isn't kidding, it helped a little but not %100 as of yet...

Does anyone know what kind of alcohol works best, like the stuff you would just pick up at the drug store, rubbing alcohol etc ?