PDA

View Full Version : 8300 Curve - Housing screws? :(

pricey
11-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Hello people :smile:

I have recently acquired a BB 8300 Curve and it was a bit batter and bruised, needed new housings and a battery. Got both of these, the phone works and went to fit the housing last night. However, the housings screws were burred down and rounded off so I had great difficulty getting them out. In the end I did but obviously do not want to put the same old screws back in the phone with the new housing on.

So... my question is, does anyone know where I can get replacement housing screws (2x T5 & 4x T6)? Preferably in the UK, as this is where I am :smile:(y)

I have seen some on eBay but these are all from the US and Hong Kong which would mean long delivery times. Just thought I would ask on here as to whether anyone knew anywhere or had some spares I could buy?

If not, eBay it is! 8-)

Thanks in advance, Tom

nchavez
11-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Welcome, I just went through the same exact thing. I tried local hobby shops, hardware shops and pretty much everything else before just caving in and buying them off Ebay.. Good luck!!

coldconfession13
11-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Wirelessly posted

http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com

They sell the screws there and are a trusted source. They are a sponsor on this site :)

pricey
11-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks to everyone for their help :smile:

Tried horizonwireless before, well went on the site but delivery to the UK was a lot and more than eBay.

Might just have to use eBay. I'll wait and see if anyone has any spares or knows of a UK site, not holding much hope though :-(