PDA

View Full Version : Need Ur Expertise Help With My 7100T

big_yute
11-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Everyone:smile:. New to the forums and found it searching online for desperate answers. Heres the low down my current cell phone a late model SErricson started to go hay wire. lately so i brought it in to get looked at by my SP..Now i went back to using my old and faithfull BB7100T unlocked. It weas previously used on the T-Mobile net work by a family member in NY.

MY issue is i don't have a BB plan with Fido(SP) just a voice plan. Now i can make calls send text messages, but i am not able to connect to the internet(even after adding Opera Mini) i am still not able to connect to the internet. I am not able to set any browser configuration or anything like this on the phone.

Currently the version software loaded on the phone is V4.1.0.309(Platform 1.8.0.144). Is there anyway to get the phone to work on the internet with an aftermarket web browser software.. I removed the Opera browser as it was of no use if i cannot connect.

Please i will patienly await your advice, as this is one of by far the best and most durable phone i ever had, 100% better than the SE i just returned to the store. Everything else works great i love it, i only stopped using it a few months back cause i could not get web acces on the phone and every where i turn its a dead end.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Denroy
(y):)

jsconyers
11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
You will need some form of a data plan. I don't believe Fido offers BB data plans. You should be able to get online via Opera Mini with a generic data plan.

big_yute
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Ok, so when i load opera Mini it gives me an error when i try to connect. So what am i doing wrong. if i put my sim card in my old motorola which i got from the flea market i am able to enter fido's network info and connect to the internet..And i do have a small data plan on my account as my gps uses the internet connection to get up to date weather info and nav updates..thats why it is important for me to be able to connect to the net through my cell.

Would it help if i wiped the phone and start from scratch, load it with the latest version bb software and then try it again. How do i wipe the phone clean.

Thanks For your help.

Oh by the way the error that opera mini gives me after it runs the conection test is.

Failed to connect to the internet.

Go to operamini.com/help or contact my service provider for internet settings.

Should'nt i be able to go to advance options> browser and edit default browser configuration...I cannot do this it does not allow me to edit anything. it's just blank...

OH brother...*sigh*