PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8820 BIS acct still active after wipe?

VizioNy
11-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Quick Question,

I wiped this handheld 8820 on AT&T using the device method. I thought this is supposed to reset back to factory default? Well, what is happening is that this new user is still receiving BIS emails from the old user.

I checked the BIS settings and the device was not provisioned for BIS. I am kind of stumped as to where else I can look to remove this email forwarder.

Is there another method I can use to restore the BB back to factory default?

soupandsandwich
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
A device wipe doesn't kill BIS. As long as BIS is still set up on RIM's infratructure and pointing to the PIN of the handheld, the service books will keep getting pushed to the device and email will continue to be delivered.

You need to contact your provider and have them deactivate the BIS account belonging to the previous user.

Dubdub
11-07-2008, 08:56 PM
A device wipe doesn't kill BIS. As long as BIS is still set up on RIM's infratructure and pointing to the PIN of the handheld, the service books will keep getting pushed to the device and email will continue to be delivered.

You need to contact your provider and have them deactivate the BIS account belonging to the previous user.

Best solution is to contact the previous owner and have them cancel their BIS account. Many times a carrier will not do it without proof that you now own the device.