PDA

View Full Version : Just some general Questions about the 8830

mister_bin
11-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey I'll hopefully be getting an 8830 soon and i wanted to know a few things before i went ahead and bought it

1) Can you put use MP3 files as ring tones from the micro SD card ??

2) Can you select wallpapers from the Micro SD card ??

3) are there any good programs that you can use to cut out a portion of an MP3 song (make it shorter or just get the chorus) and adjust the volume.

4) Is there a how to on how to configure your BB to work with Gmail ?? Should i set my Gmail account to forward my email to my BB or should i just enable IMAP ??

5) Whats the biggest Micro SD card that the 8830 will support ??

Thanks in advanced

juwaack68
11-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forums.

1) Yes, you can, but they can only be a certain length...I think like 20 seconds.

2) Absolutely.

3) Not sure on that one...but someone will chime in

4) This is up to you. You can use the Email Setup wizard on your device to create a BIS account and add your Gmail account there (this will send the email to your device) or you can simply use the Gmail application.

5) That is dependent on your device OS. Click on Options -> About to see the version (probably 4.2 or 4.3 for your device). What type and size Media Card can I use in my device? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/What_type_and_size_Media_Card_can_I_use_in_my_device%3F)

jsconyers
11-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Juwaack68 basically answered all of your questions. As for #3, I use Audacity. It is a free program and should do exactly what you are looking for.

mister_bin
11-07-2008, 10:29 PM
awesome thanks for the quick answers.. I cant wait to get it..