PDA

View Full Version : BB 8700G advice ?

veryberryuk
11-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Hello

ok here is the story -

well my fellas dad works in central london and always finds stuff in the bins of his work from where peoples desks have been cleared where they do not bother to come and collect there stuff, and basically he found a BB 8700G when I switch it on it says i have 10 attepts to unlock the phone it seems to be working as sms come through but this still happens with my personal sim in so there is a password on the phone its self, would anyone know a way to help me with this :oops:

seriously I would love to get it working I have never been in a situation like this,
i know my sister in law gives me her phones when she upgrades every year and thats t-mob and i am on 02 so I have to go market guy to sort it then go to the O2 shop to get the settings sorted, but this phone is O2 so its perfect.
if any one is able to help a damsell in distress ?

xx

me0mu0p
11-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't know much but I think you need unlock your mobile

veryberryuk
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
thank you for the advice hun. would you or any 1 be able to help me with how i go about doing that from home if there is a way hehe :0)

j05h86
11-09-2008, 12:18 PM
if the device is locked as you say, you should try wiping the BB clean

veryberryuk
11-09-2008, 12:34 PM
it says enter pin and 0/10 tries and thats it I would not know where to start on wiping it or getting anything back to it ?? sorry totally new to all this stuff

j05h86
11-09-2008, 12:42 PM
search the treads for wiping it clean. Personally i've never done it, i've just read about people having to do it for example: when they got a bb off of ebay and it was locked.

veryberryuk
11-09-2008, 12:52 PM
ok well it says to wipe clean you have to be able to access the applications where I can't due to the password lock ! lol back to sq1

me0mu0p
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
why don't you up your firmware?
I think up rom don't need access it, and it can back up your OS, without clear any apps
Good luck!

veryberryuk
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi ya ,

just thought i would update people,
went market and its unlocked but its is now saying i need *enterprise activation* to be able to use anything.
I also now have a usb lead is there a download i can get to install on my computer to connect to the device sorry all excited now lol :oops:

thanks for all help given

johnclevohio
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
If you use all 10 attempts to login and it does not work, I believe that the BB will automatically wipe the device.

PaulMdx
11-11-2008, 03:27 AM
There seems to have been a lot of misinformation so far in the thread, so I'll chime in and agree with johnclevohio:
If you use all 10 attempts to login and it does not work, I believe that the BB will automatically wipe the device.
...is the right answer!

Once you have done this it will start up like a new device.

PaulMdx
11-11-2008, 03:31 AM
went market and its unlocked but its is now saying i need *enterprise activation* to be able to use anything.
I also now have a usb lead is there a download i can get to install on my computer to connect to the device sorry all excited now lol :oops:
In order to use email you need one of two things:

1) Enterprise activation through your company
2) BlackBerry Internet Service email plan through your mobile provider

You can use your phone as a phone with no activation - just hide that icon (hold down alt and press the wheel in, select Hide).

Dependent on your mobile provider you may be able to access the web as part of your standard data contract (T-Mobile for example). Some providers don't offer this without a BlackBerry Internet Service plan (O2 for example).

In order to sync contacts, etc, from Outlook you need the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. This can be downloaded from RIM from their website.