PDA

View Full Version : 8830 Can't Activate Internet POP Email... HELP!

Pipedream
11-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Long story short.....

Have an 8830WE from work, which used to run on their Enterprise Server.
After 37 years I was forced into early retirement but got to keep my BB.
Since I was pissed with the company (VERIZON) for letting me go, I cancelled my service.

My unit is now working on PagePlus Cellular, and they have started to offer data services. I want to do Internet POP type email. Problem is, the only option I get in the setup is for an Enterprise Server, nothing for standard email. I loaded new software (4.2.2.196) but still nothing there.

Any and all help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

THANKS !

Demon
11-12-2008, 05:23 PM
You need to remove the IT policy on it. Do a search on here for a program called JL_Cmder. That will wipe the policy from the device.

Pipedream
11-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Tried it, no luck at all.

The WIPE command and the RESET TO FACTORY have no effect on the unit, even after the battery is removed and replaced.

Do we know for a fact that JL_Cmder is compatible with both the 8830 v4.2.2.196 and Vista? I had to Run Program As Administrator for it to even open on the PC

djm2
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Tried it, no luck at all.

The WIPE command and the RESET TO FACTORY have no effect on the unit, even after the battery is removed and replaced.

Do we know for a fact that JL_Cmder is compatible with both the 8830 v4.2.2.196 and Vista? I had to Run Program As Administrator for it to even open on the PC

I can confirm that it is compatible with your OS. The Vista issue sounds pretty normal.

Also, see this:

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)