PDA

View Full Version : creating email accounts

borojohn
11-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi, new to blackberry. I have a 8700g. I have set up a data plan with o2. Can now view web pages on it. How do I create a personal email account. The device is purely for home use, and not to be connected to any corperate servers. The wizzard keeps sending me on the enterprise server route. I just want to set up a pop email account. Any ideas please?

Dubdub
11-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi, new to blackberry. I have a 8700g. I have set up a data plan with o2. Can now view web pages on it. How do I create a personal email account. The device is purely for home use, and not to be connected to any corperate servers. The wizzard keeps sending me on the enterprise server route. I just want to set up a pop email account. Any ideas please?

Please check the FAQ and the user guide that came with your BB. Answers to most of your questions will be there.

If you are on BIS, here is the FAQ link on how to do it.

How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_add_/_delete_email_addresses)

skyman84
11-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey,
There should be an icon on the desktop of your blackberry called "mobile email settings". click that and that will set up pop3 or hotmail/yahoo/gmail for you.

if this option is not there, then you'll need to speak to O2 and ask them to resend your service books.

This data plan you've got from O2, is this just a standard data plan, or a specific BlackBerry data plan, as you will need a BlackBerry specific one to enable you to use BIS email on it.

borojohn
11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Silly me, I contacted o2. My blackberry bolt on isnt active until tomorrow. Will try again then. Thanks again.

skyman84
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Kool,
You'll get a message from O2 saying your registered, then you'll find a few neew icons on your BlackBerry to enable you to set up your personal email!

Enjoy!