PDA

View Full Version : blink of death!!!!

Blastro
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone ,
i have a problem with my blackberry, it was working fine untill i stopped using it... it stayed bout six weeks without charge or any use, and now that i tried turning it back on ... the LED just blinks 3times then 2times pauses bout 2 seconds then 3 times then 2 thats all it does. So ive downloaded jl cmder, tried it but wouldnt find the BB, tried the Apploader woulndt find the BB, windows doesnt even make a sound when i plug the BB to the usb cable, i have tried using other cables, the screen always stays black, and i was really wondering, if switching batteries could help, the battery does charge coz when i remove the BB from the usb it keeps blinking... so anyone know another way to plug the BB to the computer to REUPLOAD the os, or something like that????? i dont know it would be really cool if someone had a similar problem and could just help me out!!!!! thanks alot

jsconyers
11-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Make sure you're not plugging the device in a USB hub. I would try different USB ports on your PC or even another PC if possible.

Try these steps : What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

This may take multiple attempts before it connects, be patient and let us know the results.

Blastro
11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
well, i havent tried another pc, will do that i a few minutes just waiting for all the necessary apps to get installed. so i have been trying this second method for a few days its just that i dont get usb in the connections dialbox i can only choose com 3, and no computer makes a sound when i plug in the BB all it does is blink and obviously charge... do you know any way to like force wake up a bb or force the pc to recognize the usb port ????