PDA

View Full Version : Problem with blackberry device manager saying error updating new OS

lovelymk
11-15-2008, 04:49 AM
Hey guys, how you doing?

I am trying to update the last OS 4.5 to my blackberry 8700, while it starts up to update that it asks me to do it i did everything about the line of blue coming up for example, first it came up with to save my data and all my stuff that i have on my bb, then it starts to boot my bb while the red is on but while its booting, it comes back to my old OS 4.2 that I still have, and it says error which is telling me: "A fatal has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again" and it's boring me of all the time saying this...!

Please help me what exactly I am going to do, give me details in every single so that I can finally update the new OS of 4.5. Oh one more thing, i of course deleted the xml file.

Thank you very much :)

zerog46
11-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Make sure you unistall the old OS from your PC using the add remove programs. Then try the link below to re-install the new OS.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

lovelymk
11-15-2008, 06:44 AM
will this work ? :p because i am scared if i do this and crack to my bb :p

ndub33
11-15-2008, 10:53 AM
It will work if you follow the instructions in the FAQ carefully and precisely.