PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Storm Reviews?!?!?!?

BBSwany
11-15-2008, 12:31 PM
So it's been released for a day now and no reviews from anywhere. BG, Engadget, CrackBerry, PhoneArena, no one! What gives?

There was an iPhone 3G review the day before it was released.
The BlackBerry Javelin has been reviewed twice and it isn't even released.
The BlackBerry Bold had a review two months before it was released.

Is there no love for the Storm??? :-(

JSanders
11-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Check BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.BlackBerryNews.com), there are several video reviews of the Storm in use.

diggNation Shows Off The iStorm From Vodafone | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/11/12/diggnation-shows-off-the-istorm-from-vodafone/)
Also, three good ones here from Jason Bradbury:
New Vodafone videos of the Storm rock! | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/11/10/new-vodafone-videos-of-the-storm-rock/)

BBSwany
11-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Check BlackBerryNews.com (http://BlackBerryNews.com), there are several video reviews of the Storm in use.

diggNation Shows Off The iStorm From Vodafone | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/11/12/diggnation-shows-off-the-istorm-from-vodafone/)
Also, three good ones here from Jason Bradbury:
New Vodafone videos of the Storm rock! | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/11/10/new-vodafone-videos-of-the-storm-rock/)

I've already watched all those about 50 times already though.. :cry: I want a production review with pictures and real time use of the device... No more unboxing pics.. I'm about ready to fly to the UK just to pick one up! :idea:

00hoangc
11-15-2008, 12:50 PM
ah...im in the process of doing just what you want =D
except i dont have a video camera which kinda sucks =/ i would use my phone camera, but its 2mp and i dont think that is really suitable :P
but i will get pics up and things, just be a bit patient while i play with it a bit =]

JSanders
11-15-2008, 12:59 PM
No more unboxing pics.. I'm about ready to fly to the UK just to pick one up! :idea:

None of what i posted were 'unboxing' pics, they were real time use of the device.

What specifically do you want to see? Someone here might oblige.

BBSwany
11-15-2008, 04:36 PM
None of what i posted were 'unboxing' pics, they were real time use of the device.

What specifically do you want to see? Someone here might oblige.

I know what you posted wasn't "Unboxing Pics". I was saying that all we have officially seen from owners have been unboxing pics.
None of the device close up. None of how the camera performs. People's reaction to SurePress. Just a ton of photos and a comprehensive review.

I8UB4
11-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I know what you posted wasn't "Unboxing Pics". I was saying that all we have officially seen from owners have been unboxing pics.
None of the device close up. None of how the camera performs. People's reaction to SurePress. Just a ton of photos and a comprehensive review.

I, too, have been searching all over for legitimate reviews of the release version and can't find any. Every review I keep reading says that it is a pre-release OS or they've managed to spend 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours with it, etc. Where are the in-depth Blackberry News, Cnet, Crackberry, Slashgear, GSMarena, etc. reviews of the Storm release version?

I'm trying to figure out if the version I will buy on Verizon will be buggy and slow, or if it is the awesome device I have been hoping for. Is typing on the Storm frustrating or brilliant? I'm looking for actual reviews of the release device from Vodafone that has been actually tested and reported upon. Not speculation or fanboy love.

I keep googling for reviews, but keep coming up with reviews from a month ago. Can people post links to actual reviews on this thread so that we can all read them?

j0j0
11-15-2008, 10:30 PM
I, too, have been searching all over for legitimate reviews of the release version and can't find any. Every review I keep reading says that it is a pre-release OS or they've managed to spend 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours with it, etc. Where are the in-depth Blackberry News, Cnet, Crackberry, Slashgear, GSMarena, etc. reviews of the Storm release version?

I'm trying to figure out if the version I will buy on Verizon will be buggy and slow, or if it is the awesome device I have been hoping for. Is typing on the Storm frustrating or brilliant? I'm looking for actual reviews of the release device from Vodafone that has been actually tested and reported upon. Not speculation or fanboy love.

I keep googling for reviews, but keep coming up with reviews from a month ago. Can people post links to actual reviews on this thread so that we can all read them?

wow obviously you havent seen all the videos and reviews on crackberry.com and berryreview.com, plus people here who have the Storm already have posted their experience. Plus im sure people are enjoying their new storm to think of letting us less fortunate people know anything just yet, give it time brotha imsure in a few days the posts will come pouring in(y)

rachamphetamine
11-15-2008, 10:36 PM
None of how the camera performs. People's reaction to SurePress.

This is also what I want to know the most. I'm considering swapping back to Verizon (eating the ETF from T-Mobile and hopping back on my parents' plan would actually be more cost efficient for me in my unemployed state) and the Storm has my eye.

Of course, none of this will stop me from heading into the corporate stores here and playing with one before I make my decision.

j0j0
11-16-2008, 12:40 AM
This is also what I want to know the most. I'm considering swapping back to Verizon (eating the ETF from T-Mobile and hopping back on my parents' plan would actually be more cost efficient for me in my unemployed state) and the Storm has my eye.

Of course, none of this will stop me from heading into the corporate stores here and playing with one before I make my decision.

Im waiting myself to see if the phone is going to perform well with a tmobile sim card in it. im crossing my fingas!c:?

BBSwany
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
wow obviously you havent seen all the videos and reviews on crackberry.com and berryreview.com, plus people here who have the Storm already have posted their experience. Plus im sure people are enjoying their new storm to think of letting us less fortunate people know anything just yet, give it time brotha imsure in a few days the posts will come pouring in(y)

Um.. I obviously have but I am talking about a PRODUCTION device. Not the seven pre-release reviews that went up two months ago. They only got to spend an hour or two with the device. I haven't seen anyone's true experiences posted on here.
Your BlackBerry nation bretheren from across the pond need you! We wants some reviews!! :razz:

Look what BG just posted. Just a little teaser of what he has...

What the… : Boy Genius Report (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/11/16/what-the/)

Bugg77
11-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Um.. I obviously have but I am talking about a PRODUCTION device. Not the seven pre-release reviews that went up two months ago. They only got to spend an hour or two with the device. I haven't seen anyone's true experiences posted on here.
Your BlackBerry nation bretheren from across the pond need you! We wants some reviews!! :razz:

Look what BG just posted. Just a little teaser of what he has...

What the… : Boy Genius Report (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/11/16/what-the/)

I can't believe we're 3 days from the release of the Verizon Storm and we haven't seen any reviews about how it performs with the latest s/w! With all the apparent problems that the Vodafone version is having you'd think VZW would be begging people to review their production model to put our fears to rest.

So? Anyone spot any reviews of the VZW Production version of the 9530?

celios
11-19-2008, 04:32 AM
I can't believe we're 3 days from the release of the Verizon Storm and we haven't seen any reviews about how it performs with the latest s/w! With all the apparent problems that the Vodafone version is having you'd think VZW would be begging people to review their production model to put our fears to rest.

So? Anyone spot any reviews of the VZW Production version of the 9530?

If the 9500 is anything to go by, the lack of full reviews in the press is not a sign of good things to come...

MoreChampagneSir?
11-19-2008, 07:31 AM
If the 9500 is anything to go by, the lack of full reviews in the press is not a sign of good things to come...

Exactly. It's like a movie that the studios know is going to get bad reviews, they simply don't have any pre-screenings.

Definitely a bad sign.

I'm in Europe for several days, will probably go to a Vodafone store and kick its tires there....might help with the decision on buying a Storm on Monday. I'll continue to eagerly read reviews here.