PDA

View Full Version : WHITE SCREEN of DEath?/

minpower
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
When i was out last night i pulled out my phone and the screen is just white. The phone still accepts messages as the phone vibrates and the indicator light flashes when a new message comes in. I did not drop the phone or have it get wet in anywya. I have downloaded the device manager from verizion i think its version 4.5 i have deleted all apps on my phone. I dont know how to reload the os. i also think i deleted the vendor file but am not really sure. If anyone could provide any insight on what i may be able to do to help fix my berry please post anything is helpful. thanks in advance

iLawCDN
11-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Have you tried yanking the battery out and after 30 seconds popping it back in?

mscoe83
11-18-2008, 02:45 AM
To reload the OS, in the blackberry desktop software you need to go to Application Loader and depending on the version of the software you are using (I'm using 4.6) you may need to choose to update applications.

williamsonoma
11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I had the same problem as well. All I had was a white screen, no icons. Phone works but just a blank white screen. Sometime the screen would work then it blanks out. I gone through all the OS reload, wipe, etc etc.
Took the unit apart and reseated the screen connection.
What I did to resolve this was disassemble the unit.
I notice the usb jack may have been touching other parts of the phone causing the screen to blank out. I added electrical tape to the connection points between the usb and screen. I also put some covering the usb wall. It's been 5 days without any white screen issue.

John Clark
11-19-2008, 05:54 PM
If this continues I'd exchange the device.

williamsonoma
11-19-2008, 06:11 PM
If this continues I'd exchange the device.

or sell it to me :smile:

Here is where I got the info. Although it is for a curve, its basically the same.
blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f76/guide_white_screen_of_death-65540/