PDA

View Full Version : BB 8800 - restarts frequently

kartikvv
11-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi BB fans

Since yesterday , my device sometimes just restarts when I open a email or connect to my bluetooth.

Any suggestions ? Would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks
cheers
Kartik

akosnitzky
11-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Pull out your media card and see what happens.

kartikvv
11-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi

I have a SD micro card and a SIM , shall I pull out the Sd micro memory card ?

Cheers
Kartik

kartikvv
11-20-2008, 03:44 AM
I tried doling that and it still happens. Anything else you all can think of ?

zerog46
11-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Have you tried a battery pull.

1st step to take if device is having problems? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/1st_step_to_take_if_device_is_having_problems%3F)

kartikvv
11-21-2008, 03:09 AM
I tried all that and have tried clearing up data and browser history , cookies and have now approx 19mb of available memory. I am going to see if the device restarts again.,,

will keep you all updated...otherwise will a reinstall of the OS help ?

Thanx
Kartik

kartikvv
11-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Now , the BB8800 still retarts and is now switching off. I have to pull out the battery and put it back in and it switches on....

Please help...what to do ?

Thanx

zerog46
11-24-2008, 03:34 AM
I would try re-loading the OS. or upgrading.

kartikvv
11-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Hi team

I reloaded the latest Rogers OS and it still restarted. ..but now I realise that it restarts due to the following :

1. Due to the media card.
2. when I happen to shake the device it restarts.

I read in this forum that the shaking results in the battery loosening up a bit and the device restarts. I have now inserted a piece if plastic between the battery and the device....

but the media card is resulting in the device restarting frequently....continously...

any suggestions ?

kartik

chicoicho
12-13-2008, 04:36 AM
I have same problem with 4.5 OS and i downgrade to 4.2 OS and now working.

renjinlu
12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
It happened after I installed O.S. 4.5. After downgrading, I could not get rid of the problem. Now that you suggest it is the media card, I will try to see what will happen without the media card.

akosnitzky
12-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi team

I reloaded the latest Rogers OS and it still restarted. ..but now I realise that it restarts due to the following :

1. Due to the media card.
2. when I happen to shake the device it restarts.

I read in this forum that the shaking results in the battery loosening up a bit and the device restarts. I have now inserted a piece if plastic between the battery and the device....

but the media card is resulting in the device restarting frequently....continously...

any suggestions ?

kartik

Yes. I know when I mentioned it earlier it may have sounded bizarre
Either reformat the media card or try a new media card. I suspect that it may solve your problem.