PDA

View Full Version : BIG PROBLEM, help.... someone

Bcaldwell85
11-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Wirelessly posted

Ok.. Sorry if this is a tad lengthy, but anyones input is greatly appreciated.
I have a 8320 with tmobile on 4.5
A few hours ago i my phone froze up (not anything out of the ordinary since my phn is constantly stuck in hourglass hell ever since the OS upgrade a few weeks back) so i just did a hard reset.
It began to reload and immediately get an error msg that reads... "jvm error 547 flash write failed. Scroll for available options... And it lists a whole bunch of options that i have no idea what they do. Its almost like its stuck in a safe mode or something.It will Yes i have done a bat pull and all that great stuff, spent like 3 hours on the phn with tmobile BB, and theyre just idiots. Finally got thru to RIM tech supt, and he says the only way to fix it is to reload the OS. Which im really tryin 2 avoid cuz my comp is down and im gonna lose most of my stuff, dont want 2 travel 2 my parents over an hour away to use their comp. Etc.
Also i should add, i Dl'd an app called "TinyLock" (locks ur phn automatically when backlight dims) shortly B4 this all happened. Honestly im not sure if that caused it, just wanted to put that out there in case u were thinkin about tryin it.
Does ANYONE know what this error is and/or how to get past it? My BB is in a coma and i need some help bringin it out! Thanks!

Raptor464
11-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Wirelessly posted

I would check out blackberryfaqs.com and try searching for that error.

Bcaldwell85
11-19-2008, 03:16 AM
Wirelessly posted

Wirelessly posted

I would check out blackberryfaqs.com and try searching for that error.

Well im stuck usin my girlfriends 8100 (no offense pearl owners) and it sucks. Dont think its lettin me load that site with the BB browser, again no computr handy. But thank u, never hurd of that site. Gonna have to check it out sometime

Bcaldwell85
11-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Wirelessly posted

Bump.
Still havent figured anything out, i googled the error and havent got a clear answer. Is there ANY way to fix this without reloading the OS? Please, anyone!

rambo47
11-19-2008, 01:21 PM
First thing is to get rid of the last app you added. Sounds like you may indeed need to reload, but hopefully the desktop software can do a backup of your data before wiping/reinstalling.

Good time to make sure you have the latest OS and to remove any of the pre-loaded stuff like demo videos or wallpaper you won't use.

laskint
11-19-2008, 01:30 PM
It sounds weird, but I had the same issue a few weeks ago on my 8310. Something got corrupt on my memory card. I pulled it out and restarted the device and it worked with no problem. It was a pic I set as a screensaver that caused it!