PDA

View Full Version : Facebook e-mail notifications not being forwarded to blackberry

tejp
11-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Not that I am complaining, but I am unable to understand how this works.

So, I have the facebook app installed on my blackberry.

I also access my live.com email on my blackberry.

I have notifications in facebook set to send email alerts to live.com when there is a new notification. I also see the notifications in the facebook app on my blackberry.

I recieve the notification emails on live.com when I log into my my email through a computer.

However, these emails do not show up in my blackberry inbox. Why?

rachamphetamine
11-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I have Facebook set up through my school email account and for the longest time, the notifications would appear in the Facebook app and also still in my email - WHEN I logged into my inbox on a computer. Never at any point did they show up in the inbox I have on my BB for my school email.

My guess is that this is simply how the app operates - it intercepts the notification when it reaches your live.com inbox on your phone and redirects it to the Facebook app. If you do not want the emails left over in your inbox when you log into it on a computer, you can go into the Facebook app > Options > Uncheck "Leave email notification messages on mail server".

Hope this helped :smile:

tejp
11-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you so much for that excellent reply. so the facebook app receives its notification info via blackberry's inbox! its a great idea, but i wonder why they thought about setting it up this way.

I mean, what if I did not have access to my live.com email? then they will probably have the facebook app download the notification information directly from facebook?

this is interesting.

again, thank you for the response!

rachamphetamine
11-19-2008, 02:38 PM
You're welcome! I'm not sure why they have it set up that way - which is why I'm not a software developer - but I'm guessing that it would more than likely come straight from Facebook if you did not also have the associated email account added on your device.