PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Blackberry Professional Software

michael.taylor
11-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi all,

I recently installed the Blackberry professional software in our environment. We're running Exchange 2003 on a Win2k3 box.

Everything seemed to go okay. The user got the activation email. I went to their device to do the wireless activation and entered the password but it just sat there and didn't activate.

It did activate after I plugged the device into the users workstation. After activation was complete I tried to send a test message to the device and reconcile but it wouldn't update. I also installed the ExchangeMapiCdo file after the Blackberry Professional software.

My question is: What software if any needs to be on the users PC? I want it to reconcile using the AT&T connection. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

SteveO86
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
You might want to try and got this moved to the BES Admin Forum or try posting in there...

I would delete the Account on the BES/BPS and then wipe the BlackBerry.. Back it up if there is anything you want off of it first. Then attempt to re-activate it.

soupandsandwich
11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Sounds like the device is not properly provisioned by the carrier.
You need a BES data plan, not a BIS data plan. I would imagine it only has a BIS data plan provisioned right now.

michael.taylor
11-20-2008, 07:58 AM
That was the problem. Once we called and put him on a BES plan it started to work. Thanks!