PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

jtblaw1
09-23-2005, 11:22 PM
I just got a nextel 7520. I am dismayed at the lack of information it came with and am having a difficult time figuring it out. Couple of questions if someone can help:

1. I have been using a Sony Clie Handheld Palm for the last 5 years. Is there any way I would be able to sync my Palm info into this device? (i.e. Address Book, Tasks, Calendar, Memos)

2. Despite opening the desktop software that came with my device, it does not provide me with any desktop data entry program. If there is no way to sync the Palm desktop mentioned above, what program should I buy to enter data on my desktop? (one feature taht I need for my line of work is a very detailed "notes" section for each task as is provided in the Palm desktop.

3. Finally, my e-mail setup has been a nightmare. However, I will search the site for help in this regard for now.

Any help concerning the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

dozment
09-24-2005, 10:07 AM
1 & 2. Bring up the RIM Desktop Manager, and click on Intellisync, and then Configure PIM. From there you can tell Desktop Manager which application to use on the desktop. I have mine set to sync with MS Outlook, which I use for data entry. I don't think you will be able to tell it to sync with your Palm. But, you should be able to sync the Palm to Outlook and then sync your Blackberry with Outlook. That will make all three (Palm, Outlook, and Blackberry) have identical information.

3. Not sure how to help with this one since I'm not a Nextel user, but describe the problem. Someone here will help you.

Mr Pink57
09-25-2005, 02:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (your electric?: BlackBerry7520/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.12)

In regards to question 3: go to your web browser and click on email set-up and go from there. I do not know the computer web pag since its a bookmark on my computer. Best suggestion (which is whay I did) is to go to www.blackberry.com and search "nextel web client.". Also in your 7520 box there should be a piece of paper telling you the website.

pink

Dawg
09-25-2005, 06:50 AM
https://webclient.blackberry.net is the web client very easy

jtblaw1
09-25-2005, 01:36 PM
How do I sync my Palm with Outlook? Is there a way for Outlook to translate the Palm based info into Outlook? If so, please let me know how. Thx.

dcfroe
09-25-2005, 01:40 PM
I use Microsoft Activesync to sync my PDA to Outlook. Easy to set up adn then you can sync outlook to you BB.

I have had a Palm Pilot and IPAQ both used activesync well