PDA

View Full Version : Home Screen Shortcuts?

cmeyer
09-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I have been using a BB 7280 with Cingular for over a year now. I wanted the wireless syncing so I went with mailstreet.com to have them host my BES as the rest of my company is just simple POP email. We are trying the new BB 7250 from Alltel and I have noticed something strange with the shortcuts. When I was demoing the unit (love the BES Activation by the way) I had all of the same shortcuts from the main screen I have grown used to - M for messages, P for Phone, L for Calendar, T for task and such. Once I was done trying this model I erased my BES info and loaded the web client service for my boss's POP mail account. The BB no longer has these same shortcuts now. Some of our other employees with Cingular 7290's running the web based service do the same thing. Are these shortcuts only an option for a BES running device?

NJBlackBerry
09-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Go into the Phone Applications, Options, General Options and set Dial From Home Screen to "No". Your shortcuts will reappear.

cmeyer
09-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Go into the Phone Applications, Options, General Options and set Dial From Home Screen to "No". Your shortcuts will reappear.

Man, I feel dumb. It must of did that because when you activate another BB from aprevious one all of your settings from your old one are transferred to the new one. Even though on mine even though it is set that way I can still dial from the home screen, wonder why? Thanks for the info though - I really am trying to get the owner of the company off of his Treo 650 because I am always having to help him with it and my BB works like a champ all the time. Also trying to get him to splurge for the BES Server so I can stop spending the $20 a month for the wireless syncing, lol.