PDA

View Full Version : Not attachments on my 8830 text messages

attroll
11-20-2008, 11:49 PM
I have had my 8830 for about two weeks not and I just realized I can not send or receive images in my text message like I could with all my other non-blackberry phone. This really bums me out. What gives? I was told by someone else that the reason for this is that I do not have a camera in the 8830. What does a camera have to do with sending and receiving attachments?

clevebb
11-21-2008, 12:41 AM
It's disabled on many carriers, Sprint, Alltel, and many Blackberrys not sure why, some say they want you to use data instead of MMS, but that makes no sense, so...

attroll
11-21-2008, 12:47 AM
It does not make sense to me because I am still using the same carrier I was using before I got my blackberry and I was able to do it before.

zerog46
11-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Most of the new BB don't have MMS if they don't have a camera, or if you have Sprint.

attroll
11-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Most of the new BB don't have MMS if they don't have a camera, or if you have Sprint.
Ain't that a crock of crap. There is no way for one person from another phone to send you a photo or for you to send them a photo unless you do it through email am more people with phone do not have blackberrys. If I had know that when I got my 8830 I might have bought an 8330 instead.

Heavy Fluid
11-21-2008, 11:26 AM
If they have a BlackBerry, they can send it to you via BB Messenger. That works. :)

attroll
11-21-2008, 01:12 PM
If they have a BlackBerry, they can send it to you via BB Messenger. That works. :)
Yes, that is true but my point is that not everyone owns a Blackbery. Most of my friends own a standard phone as do most people. We are an elite group here.

I can not believe that as good as a phone the blackberry is that without a camera in it that it can not send or receive images like the standard camera phones can.

Heavy Fluid
11-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes, that is true but my point is that not everyone owns a Blackbery. Most of my friends own a standard phone as do most people. We are an elite group here.

I can not believe that as good as a phone the blackberry is that without a camera in it that it can not send or receive images like the standard camera phones can.

Imagine an entire carrier blocking this, like Sprint. My sister has an LG Rumor, a basic phone with a QWERTY keypad. MMS will not work for her. I would be upset about that. I can live without MMS. I just email whatever I need to, or use BBM.

attroll
11-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Imagine an entire carrier blocking this, like Sprint. My sister has an LG Rumor, a basic phone with a QWERTY keypad. MMS will not work for her. I would be upset about that. I can live without MMS. I just email whatever I need to, or use BBM.
I am not going to lose sleep over this, I am just disappointed that I can not send or recieved MMS. I thought with all the great options that this phone had that MMS would have been standard with it. I mean is I can do email, browse the web and just about everything else. I just though MMS would be stock with the phone. I just did not realize that if I did not have a camera onboard that I could not use MMS. If I had know then who knows what I would have done.