PDA

View Full Version : 8830 Won't Sync

stevej@sonit.com
11-21-2008, 11:56 AM
First post so not sure if this is in the right place or not. I guess someone will let me know if not.

I have a client who uses an 8830 and is syncing with Exchange through a Blackberry Professional Server. Up until 2 days ago everything was fine. Then they had a horrific crash of their Exchange server. The information store was beyond repair and their backup was junk as well, so basically we had to almost start from scratch. The users mailbox was deleted, recreated on a temporary Exchange server and then moved back to the original Exchange box.

Everything seems to be working on the Exchange side now and I've recreated all the correct permissions for the BESAdmin account. However, I am getting a strange message on the Blackberry Pro Server, Blackberry Messaging Agent, Event 20154, User (Jon Doe) not started. I'm fairly new to Blackberry so this error message is new to me.

I double checked all permissions, restarted the server, restarted all the services and still getting that message. In the meantime, the user cannot sync obviously.

My question is, does the user need to be re-created in Blackberry Pro Server? The Exchange server has the same name as it did originally but I didn't know if the mailbox being deleted changed the way it was looking at it.

Any help with this would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

djm2
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I suspect that re-creating the user may be required, but you will probably learn more by posing this question in the BES Administration sub-form here at BBBF.