PDA

View Full Version : Redirecting email to folder other than "Messages"

bernardl
11-22-2008, 02:36 PM
My company just got a BES, before that I was using the web client feature to connect to the Exchange server. I also have my BB configured for my personal mail via POP. Therefore I had 2 icons for my emails, separating them nicely.

Now that I'm on the BES, all the emails including my personal go to the Messages folder (personal emails go to Messages AND its own folder). I find this very annoying to check my work emails then to see emails from friends in the same folder.

Is there anyway to have the BB configured to have my personal email go to its own folder instead of both?

zerog46
11-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Right here: Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox (http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php)

bernardl
11-22-2008, 04:05 PM
This is great! Thx. Just one question if you can answer. It does not show the messages I sent via BES on the same screen, I click out once then I see the Messages screen and from there I can see the sent message. Just trying to find it if this is by design or something about the config of my BB.

My BB is setup to show Sent email.

Workingmen
11-23-2008, 12:12 PM
The Empower site does not show any new information after September last year and does not mention working with the newer OS 4.5 or 4.6. I have been using it for awhile with OS 4.5. It does seperate the BES messages but it does not hide the sent messages even if that is what was selected under options. Clicking the BES mailbox shows BOTH the sent and received BES messages. Exiting that BES mailbox leaves you in whatever maibox you had last opened prior to entering the BES maibox. I normally try to leave the main message box as my last opened mailbox. That way, I see the "Received and Sent" BES messages then exit in see all the "Received" BES and personal e-mails. No chance to see just the "Received" BES!!
Not being able to hide the sent messages while in the BES mailbox is not very effective when you send a lot of messages - trying to find a received mail may be several screens away.