PDA

View Full Version : Only need Word to go

andydmd
11-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Is there any way to remove sheets to go and slideshow to go? I want to free up memory and I only use word to go. Thanks

sstroud
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
i have not tried it, but it seems you should be able to edit the documentstogo.alx file and remove the cod files for sheets and slideshow.

SteveO86
11-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Wirelessly posted

If you go into Options - Advanced Options - Applications and hit the menu key and choose "modules" you can delete all the modules associated with sheets and slideshow to go, and while you are there you can delete the other language modules if you don't use them.

Horizon Wireless
11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 11000 Colosol)

I have read in posts that removing docs to go causes issues on a BB. Just a heads up ;-)

SteveO86
11-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Wirelessly posted

He's going to be keeping the Docs To Go and Word To Go modules so I don't think he is going to run into any problems. (Just removing Sheets and SlideShow To Go modules.)

Either way it might be something to keep in mind incase wierd things do begin to happen.

I wonder if Dataviz will ever give us the option to pick and choose which part of the application we want without removing modules.

andydmd
11-24-2008, 05:18 PM
I deleted all the slideshow to go and sheets to go modules. All is well and I gained over 500K. Can I delete the non-English language modules for word to go?

11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes, you're safe in removing the non English .cod copies, provided you only use English.

If you only wanted english DocsToGo, you should have three related .cod files :

DocsToGoCommon.cod
DocsToGoCommonResource.cod
DocsToGoCommonResource__en.cod

(In fact, I remove all the non english .cod files for everything everytime I load a new OS.)