PDA

View Full Version : Sync error and BES question.

Copyright
11-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Started a job at a new company where everyone uses a blackberry. I just picked up my own and have really enjoyed it. I went to fix an issue today with a client who has an 8330 curve and using Desktop Manager 4.6. When plugging in the phone the Sync will start and go through many steps before displaying " No applications configured for scynchronization". So I open up the sync config and find the outlook, tasks, address book etc is all un checked. I check all these then save but get prompted that these are get updated wirelessly which I already knew. The client says he didnt have this problem with his last laptop. What can I try?

John Clark
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
It sounds like his apps are sync'd wirelessly with his BES. This is the best way to do it. However, you can sync via cable if you want by going into each of those app's options and setting the wireless syncronization to "No."

Copyright
11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I think I he doesnt know what he wants. I am going to try changing the addressbook to sync through BES option.. currently there are 4 options. None of them are checked. So when he cables up his phone and hits the sync button all he knows is the error that pops up. Far as I know his phone is already updating through BES so not exactly sure why he needs to sync on his machine? Like I said.. im still a bit new and dont want to risk erasing anything important. He is a VP of the company I am doing work for.

Copyright
11-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Is there any way to just have that prompt removed so that when I sync it does not display this prompt that looks like an error.

takeshi
11-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Yup. There's an option to automatically sync in Desktop Manager. I'd point you to it but I don't have DM on this PC. Just uncheck it.

Copyright
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah I tried to tell him that but there seems to be other things that sync up or appear to sync when the black berry is connected.