PDA

View Full Version : Torn between BB models

J-Tuning
11-27-2008, 03:49 AM
Hi all,

For months i have been torn between models. I started looking at the 3 Curve models then the Bold came along and now the Storm.

I have been researching for quite some time... but now i am torn between The Bold and the Storm. I have been reading positive and negative reviews of both. I have noticed that the Storm is receiving more negative feedback as more BB hardcore users get one in their hands.

To make things clear... i have never owned a BB before but when the Storm came out i thought its a nice looking phone... (although many ppl will argue its another Iphone clone, I on the other hand don't think so)

but what struck me was the lack of wifi... it's a BB for heaven sakes. there are some features that RIM has yet to improve on the storm.

I never thought for me it would come down to looks but the Storm looks great compared to the bold but there are some things that need to improve...

So i'm torn between these 2 models... now my Question. do you guys think that RIM will release a new model of the Storm where they improved the keyboard/incl wifi/improve the touch screens overall performance?

Jairo

tlhead
11-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Probably so...i would go with the Bold though...or you can get the Bold and wait a few months until RIM has worked the kinks out of the storm. I have a 8330 curve and i must admit i adore it...i was really pinning for a storm but i think I going to hold out for a bold!

akosnitzky
11-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I agree with tlhead. I am happy with my 8830. I would go with Bold because I like real buttons. It's a matter of preference.

kjjb0204
11-27-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm very happy with my Curve and after playing with the Storm for an hour at the store, I'm definitely going to hold on to the Curve for a while. The Storm can only get better as RIM releases software fixes and updates, so I'm sure I'll give it another look in a few months, but if I had to choose between the Bold and Storm, Bold would definitely be my pick.

strike2tamu
11-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Yea I would avoid the storm till it gets some upgrades.

J-Tuning
11-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Thank you for your advises

Jairo