PDA

View Full Version : 7230 can't get it going

blackberryken
11-28-2008, 02:20 AM
I bought a 7230 at an auction. It's ex-government. I installed a new battery and the sim card from my other mobile. I can't get it going. It has a box in the centre of the monitor with a circle around it and a line diagonally through the box. The box has a circle, square and triangle in it and the number "535" just outside the circle at the bottom. I downloaded some Blackberry software and plugged the mobile into my PC but the PC doesn't recognise it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ken

John Clark
11-29-2008, 12:41 PM
It sounds like the OS has been wiped. Use JL_Cmder in my signature to wipe the device again. It should change to an Error 507. Then you should be able to load the 7230 OS to it.

Download the OS
Delete the file labeled "vendor.xml" located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
Plug in device.
Run Loader.exe (found in same path as the vendor.xml file above)

That should reload the OS. Once the OS is reloaded you'll probably find that the device has IT policy on it. You'll want to fix that using method 2 of the post below:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/67224-remove-policy.html