PDA

View Full Version : help please

workberry
11-29-2008, 04:17 AM
Hi i have recently been issued a blackberry bold for work use but it does not have bb messenger application installed. I have tried downloading the desktop software from both the disc and my carrier download but everytime i connect and use the applications add/remove there are no applications on it.

Can someone please help me get bb messenger.

i have asked my work IT help but unsurprisingly they don't have a solution :cry:

wingrider78
11-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

Is there an IT policy on your device? Go to

Options - security options - general

At the bottom it lists "sevices" is there anything there??

Dubdub
11-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Many companies will send an IT Policy to BBs connected to their network which restricts what you can and cannot do with the device. This could be the reason for your issue. Trying to bypass or work around an IT Policy can be grounds for termination for some firms.

Also, keep in mind that nothing is personal on a BB connected to the company BES.

workberry
11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
thanks wingrider and dubdub.

when i check the security options there is an security system and IT policy in place. However, i have checked with the company and they IT policy only restricts adding third party softwares. Since BB messenger is from RIM, the IT policy allows it as some other employees use it. The only problem is that i can't seem to add it for my device.

thanks again for your replies.

rambo47
11-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Sound like their IT policy considers anything you install yourself as third party. That's pretty common. If they don't give it to you, they don't think you need it. I would as the IT guys to put it on for you.

Dubdub
11-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Keep in mind that the company might be able to see your conversations if they so desire.