PDA

View Full Version : 8700 firmware update, wirless reconcile gone!

TheMightyBFE
12-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I just updated the latest software firmware or O/S v4.5.0.99 for my B 8700c device. Now the option for "Reconcile Now" is gone. :x

I went to messages/options and do not see the wirless reconcile option where I can turn on/off this feature. Please help. :?

BBHorrigan
12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
are you on a BES/BIS? it sounds like you need the service books repushed

TheMightyBFE
12-02-2008, 12:41 PM
are you on a BES/BIS? it sounds like you need the service books repushed

I think I need to be re-added to our BES. I was on our BES. Maybe the update knocked me off or it is required that you be re-added to the BES and then you have to run the Enterprise Activation again? I'll try and let everyone know. On the plus side, I have spell check now on my BB device, never had that before the update. :smile:

BBHorrigan
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
well you dont need to be readded, you need to be reactivated. have your admin set your password and activate. If your removed and readded you'll lose some settings, but you'll get your last 5 days of emails or so, all depends on what you want.

CO_BBTechie
12-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes an OS update always requires a BES re-activation. Depending on your environment, Desktop Manager may be able to do it for you. Do you run the DM software? You can try to connect to it and it may perform the EA for you. Otherwise, you'll need your BES admin to set you up for it.

TheMightyBFE
12-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Looks like you do have to be "re-activated" on the BES and re-run Enterprise Activation, anytime you upgrade your O/S or firmware. (y)
Thanks everyone!!!