PDA

View Full Version : Synchronizing "Sent" Emails from Desktop to the handset

momobobo
12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi! I have been trying to figure this out for days, any help would be appreciated.

For my work blackberry, whenever I send an email from my desktop, it automatically updates on my blackberry, with a "check mark".

My personal blackberry does not do this. I know that I have to set up a filter but don't know exactly what to put in order to get this done.

Thanks in advance!

Dubdub
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM
I assume that you use BES for work and BIS for personal? If so, BIS doesn't sync at all like BES does.

momobobo
12-05-2008, 02:52 PM
To be perfectly honest, i have no idea...the work blackberry was given to me already programmed...

I can tell you this about my personal blackberry: when i send an email from my handset, it gets updated into my outlook "sent" files

jrumph
12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi! I have been trying to figure this out for days, any help would be appreciated.

For my work blackberry, whenever I send an email from my desktop, it automatically updates on my blackberry, with a "check mark".

My personal blackberry does not do this. I know that I have to set up a filter but don't know exactly what to put in order to get this done.

Thanks in advance!

Open message folder then Options, General Options there is a category Hide Sent Messages (yes or No) Save yes and sent messages appear with a check mark.

CO_BBTechie
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
It's probably "appearing" to be syncing wirelessly but I can assure you, that for your personal account, it does not. Messages sent via the device probably appear in your sent items folder on the server side. Items sent from the desktop will not sync to your hand held and appear as sent. Nothing you can do about this currently, unless you move to a hosted BES solution...

CEV
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
It's probably "appearing" to be syncing wirelessly but I can assure you, that for your personal account, it does not. Messages sent via the device probably appear in your sent items folder on the server side. Items sent from the desktop will not sync to your hand held and appear as sent. Nothing you can do about this currently, unless you move to a hosted BES solution...

What if you use Desktop Manager, then it will sync, correct?

CO_BBTechie
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Negative. DM does not sync email. i.e. "nothing you can do about this currently."

CEV
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Negative. DM does not sync email. i.e. "nothing you can do about this currently."

Whoa!!! I thought I read somewhere that you can sync Outlook when connected directly to the pc? If this is not possible, I may need to reconsider getting the Storm for a WinMo device.

Dubdub
12-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Whoa!!! I thought I read somewhere that you can sync Outlook when connected directly to the pc? If this is not possible, I may need to reconsider getting the Storm for a WinMo device.

Using the personal BIS, contacts, calendar, tasks and memos will sync via Desktop Manager. Email doesn't sync, but all new mail is pushed to the device.

Using BES, which you might have since it is a company supplied device, email, contacts, calendar, etc all sync wirelessly.

CEV
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
If I choose BB over WinMo, I will be using BIS. And I want to clarify for both me and other potential BB buyers. If I get an email on my BB while away from the office and I reply to it, when I get back to the office I would see that same email on my pc and even if I connect the BB to the pc, there is no way the pc would reflect that I already read the email and replied to it?

Dubdub
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
If I choose BB over WinMo, I will be using BIS. And I want to clarify for both me and other potential BB buyers. If I get an email on my BB while away from the office and I reply to it, when I get back to the office I would see that same email on my pc and even if I connect the BB to the pc, there is no way the pc would reflect that I already read the email and replied to it?

That is correct assuming that you have "Leave Mail On Server" checked on your PC email client set up.

You can send a blind copy of all sent mail via one of the options in the BIS set up. Edit each email account and check BCC. At least you will have a copy of what you send and can move it to your sent folder.

takeshi
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Connecting your BB to the PC is irrelevant for email. BB's don't sync email. With BES you can get full reconciliation. On BIS it really depends on the mail server as to what you can get. There are workarounds in some cases.

CEV
12-09-2008, 10:55 PM
One would think if you connect directly to the pc you should be able to sync anything you want. Active Sync does this with WinMo. Do we ever see RIM doing this? Makes no sense why they do not, unless it is to make money with the BES software.