PDA

View Full Version : wireless question

cwardun
09-29-2005, 11:44 PM
ok so i am trying to decide if i want a bb or not, ive been looking on the internet and im confused or just not reading correctly, but with a model that says it has Embedded RIMŽ wireless modem would this mean that i could connect to my wireless network at home or one such in a school or building just like a laptop with wireless internet or would any sort of internet access on the bb have to go through my phone service provider such as cingular where it costs per month? thanks...

badgerfan
09-29-2005, 11:54 PM
the internet is through whatever service provider. it is not wifi enabled.

Jon

joginder
09-30-2005, 12:01 AM
all BB so far are not Wi-Fi so they will not work on your wireless router or in school buildings. Yes, there is a built-in modem and that means you can connect the BB to your laptop thru a USB/infrared/Bluetooth and you should be able to browse the net on your computer.

joginder
09-30-2005, 12:02 AM
BTW the latest Nokia 9500 communicator is Wi-Fi Enabled.

Jase88
09-30-2005, 01:20 AM
all BB so far are not Wi-Fi so they will not work on your wireless router or in school buildings. Yes, there is a built-in modem and that means you can connect the BB to your laptop thru a USB/infrared/Bluetooth and you should be able to browse the net on your computer.

The Blackberry does not have an IR port. Nor can you connect your laptop to the device via Bluetooth.