PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Newbie Verizon Curve user

bwegner
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Ok, Here it goes
1-I just converted to Blackberry
2-I purchased a Verizon Blackberry Curve
3-I use a local internet provider for e-mail, POP3.
a) when I added my e-mail addy to the blackberry, it locked up my address, the company said that it was pinging the e-mail too often and it locked up my account and I had to wait 8 hours for them to unlock it.
b) I use outlook on my PC at work and it checks my e-mail once every minute
c) I want to use my BB for phone and to check e-mail, how does this work when I have my phone with me at work and I use my PC for e-Mail
d) I want my phone to synch with my PC so that I can see all e-mail that I send or receive either on my handheld or my PC.
e) My local provider tells me to reset my handheld so that it doesn't check the e-mail as often, Verizon tells me that I can't change it.

Am I asking for too much? I just want to be able to have a phone that I can use for e-mail, have it synch with my computer, and not have it screw things up when I am at work and just want my PC to handle the e-mails.

HELP:-?

Dubdub
12-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Have you read your user guide that came with the BB? Have you used the search function here? Have you read the FAQ? Do those 3 things and get back to me.

Email does not sync using BIS.

Why do you Outlook check once a minute? Do you really need it that fast? Maybe you need to reconsider. RIM checks every 15 minutes so it isn't the BB causing the problem.

bwegner
12-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Have you read your user guide that came with the BB? Have you used the search function here? Have you read the FAQ? Do those 3 things and get back to me.
Yes, I read the user guide, I have read the FAQ, I have used the search function
Email does not sync using BIS.
I explained to the Verizon people what I am currently doing and what I wanted. Their response yes, it will do that

I want to have my pc on at work, outlook checks for e-mails once every minute. I want to have my phone to use while traveling for checking e-mails and replying. I want the two to synch so that I am not trying to remember how I replied to a specific e-mail.

Why do you Outlook check once a minute? Do you really need it that fast? Maybe you need to reconsider. RIM checks every 15 minutes so it isn't the BB causing the problem.My work computer checks for e-mail once a minute. It was set up that way. My e-mail provider told me that RIM was pinging their e-mail server at least once a minute. Apparently RIM changed something

Dubdub
12-10-2008, 05:52 PM
My work computer checks for e-mail once a minute. It was set up that way. My e-mail provider told me that RIM was pinging their e-mail server at least once a minute. Apparently RIM changed something

Are you on BES for work email by any chance? Sorry but on BIS it is every 15 minutes unless it finds mail then it is 2-3 until none is found and then it reverts to 15.

My guess is the work email hitting every minute combined with the RIM poll is the issue. Change your work to every 5 or 10 and see what happens.

bwegner
12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll try that. Thanks

Dawg
12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
dub is correct BIS is every 15 unless its received something then it polls faster until nothing come in then back to the 15 min interval.

I agree I would check with Outlook I have mine set to send immediately but only checks every 10

bwegner
12-12-2008, 08:43 AM
dub is correct BIS is every 15 unless its received something then it polls faster until nothing come in then back to the 15 min interval.

I agree I would check with Outlook I have mine set to send immediately but only checks every 10

I think that where the problem started is the fact that I had my outlook open at work when the Verizon people set up my phone. I set it up at home when my work PC was off. Now I just need to figure out how to synch the devices. I am hoping that my BB will synch outlook on my home PC, work PC and the BB.

Any advise here would be appreciated.

Dawg
12-12-2008, 09:42 AM
NOt with out BES you can only sync calendar and contacts