PDA

View Full Version : 7100i won't dial out of phonebook

Copasta
12-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Hello,

Newbie here, so please take it easy on me! I've searched this message board (seemingly the BEST place to find such answers for Blackberry's), but couldn't find anything on my problem. Well, I have alot of problems with this phone, but we'll take it slow to start out....

First and foremost, let me say that I just purchased this phone last week, and installed my Boost Mobile sim card into it. It immediately recognized the card, and I was interested to see what this phone could do for me that my old i836 couldn't.....

BTW.....version 4.1.0.136 (Platform 2.0.0.44)

.....anyway, the important thing that I noticed, besides not being able to text message anymore, (and I can't seem to get email to work at all, though I downloaded Opera Mini and it seems to connect to the internet.....just can't seem to log onto Comcast to check email).....the important thing is that the phone will NOT dial out using the phone book, or even the phone log! I highlight a number in phone log, or click to call in phone book, and I get the recording "sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again". It is logged onto the network, and I have NXTL up in the corner. Now, the strange thing that I have found is that I can ONLY make a call by dialing out the actual number on the keypad.

Does anyone have ANY idea what the heck is wrong with this phone? I have had less than a week, and am ready to go back to my old phone!

Other info.....Boost Mobile with Unlimited Web and Text.
NO service books installed on phone when purchased.
BBweather does not work
BBtoday works, weather does does not (bad or missing query parameters)

Like I said, I'm a newbie and couldn't find anything on the phone calling issue, so if you could help, I would greatly appreciate it! THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!

Copasta
12-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Anybody?

Copasta
12-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I guess this problem is beyond anyone on this board. Time to get rid of this blackberry junk and I haven't even had it a week!

Good riddence!:x