PDA

View Full Version : All call log disappearing often

BryanS
12-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I have a user that is travelling and uses a 8810 on AT&T as I recall. He reported today that his call log is emptying on it's own every hour or so. I've read reports of messages and call logs getting gobbled up by lack of memory and freeing up memory and rebooting are helpful.

Does anyone know of another reason why the call log would completely empty once an hour or so? He didn't report losing messages, but he may not be aware that he is. I just wanted to visit every possible cause before I call one of our execs and tell him rebooting and deleting the pics of his kids is what he needs to do to fix the problem.

Any other ideas? Keep in mind that he's travelling so I don't have the handset here with me

kjjb0204
12-11-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

And make sure he's saving pics onto a media card, not device memory.

BryanS
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM
yep, I found that by searching, I just wanted to know if anyone had found another reason that the call log would completely dump so often.

Thatzmister2u
12-11-2008, 04:43 PM
yep, I found that by searching, I just wanted to know if anyone had found another reason that the call log would completely dump so often.

That is the only one that I know of! :) Good Luck!

BryanS
12-11-2008, 04:46 PM
would emails with attachments on a BES be stored on the handset or on the server?

kjjb0204
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Attachments must be downloaded to the device - they aren't automatically downloaded with the message.