PDA

View Full Version : Roxio media manager

attroll
12-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I am having problem with my BB desktop manager. When I execute the media manager my CPU usage goes up to 100% and Roxio locks up.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and this still happens. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

HungrySage
12-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Mines doesn't go straight to a 100% but it always locks up only when I am accessing the media card in the device. I, too, am looking for a solution, but for now, I don't use Roxio (I don't use anything).

misterbulldog
12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
I haven't had that problem yet but have had issues with other Roxio versions in the past. Your media card should show up as a separate drive in Explorer. You should be able to drag-and-drop files to it.

GiantInAsia
12-30-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm having the same problem where Media Manager uses most of my CPU. I downloaded one episode of Weeds in 3GP format and now I'm trying to transfer it to my Storm. It's taking a looooooong time!

I have a Dell 3100 with 3 GHz processor and 512 MB memory. All my software is up to date.

attroll
12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm having the same problem where Media Manager uses most of my CPU. I downloaded one episode of Weeds in 3GP format and now I'm trying to transfer it to my Storm. It's taking a looooooong time!

I have a Dell 3100 with 3 GHz processor and 512 MB memory. All my software is up to date.
In your case with only 512 MB of memory I would say that is your problem. I have 4 GB of memory and it is doing this. I have found ways around it though.