PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth dump.....WTF!!!

Magnum
10-02-2005, 10:53 AM
So when I enter my car it takes over, yesterday afternoon that didn't happen and I forgot to think twice about it. This morning I am going through my 7100g and notice that the bluetooth icon under the settings menu is GONE.....WTF I think......look further and bluetooth is available under settings > options > bluetooth, but both my paired devices [BMW ULF & Jeep] GONE.....microsoft, please step away from my bb :-P .

To repair I simply restored to an earlier backup and it fixed itself!

Moral of the story, Make sure you backup the device periodically.

And question about the story, What the hell happened???......just a dump???

Jase88
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't re-pairing the devices work much easier?

I've noticed this once on a 7290 that I had. It happens...not sure what causes it. Likely some bug.

Magnum
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Wouldn't re-pairing the devices work much easier?

Not really, because the bluetooth on/off icon was totally gone. So although I probably could have repaired it with each car, I would not have been able to turn the bluetooth on and off..........

cohiba smoker
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Not really, because the bluetooth on/off icon was totally gone. So although I probably could have repaired it with each car, I would not have been able to turn the bluetooth on and off..........
This happened to me once, I went to the options page and click on bluetooth. I paired the device again and the icon came back.. Not sure why...