PDA

View Full Version : TMO Upgrade: New Options...Help

Bigz
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I noticed these new options:

messages ==> options ==> email reconciliation
options ==> message services

I set both of mine to Web Client. What should they be set at?
I am not a enterprise user. I just forward one POP account and one yahoo account.

Bigz
10-04-2005, 01:54 PM
bump.

pharma1
10-04-2005, 02:34 PM
I noticed these new options:

messages ==> options ==> email reconciliation
options ==> message services

I set both of mine to Web Client. What should they be set at?
I am not a enterprise user. I just forward one POP account and one yahoo account.

In messages ==> options ==> email reconciliation you set your preferences for each account. Click on Message Services and select Change Option. This will bring up a list of all accounts that you have configured with TMobile. So you can set your Web Client to delete your email both on Handheld and Mailbox, then set your Yahoo account so it only deletes from the handheld but leaves it on the server, etc. Or set them all to prompt before delete, which was the default and was confusing the hell out of me. ;-)

Bigz
10-04-2005, 08:17 PM
In messages ==> options ==> email reconciliation you set your preferences for each account. Click on Message Services and select Change Option. This will bring up a list of all accounts that you have configured with TMobile. So you can set your Web Client to delete your email both on Handheld and Mailbox, then set your Yahoo account so it only deletes from the handheld but leaves it on the server, etc. Or set them all to prompt before delete, which was the default and was confusing the hell out of me. ;-)

thanks, that makes more sense. it is confusing that just toggling between accounts gives that save/discard message as nothing has changed.

What about settings --> options --> Message Service?
It is one item and no additional settings? Should this be set to a particular account/service book?

jbairdjr
10-04-2005, 08:26 PM
With all the questions about the TMO web client change, is the change more hurtful than helpful?
I gotta wonder if I actually want these changes with CIngular.

WNO
10-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I guess we'll have to see how it all shakes out (there seem to be some issues re polling/delivery time), but for now the only drawback I see from the standpoint of functionality is the loss of the web interface for drafting/managing messages, which doesn't affect me at all. (Thank goodness TMO reconsidered its proposed "upgrade" of eliminating the auto-bcc feature).

I think the main problems with the change were: (1) the poor communication regarding the specific changes to be enacted and the impact of such changes; and (2) the poor communication regarding the steps that the users might have to take after the changes took effect. Cingular could learn from both of these problems and have a smoother rollout. Then again, maybe not.

pharma1
10-05-2005, 10:45 AM
thanks, that makes more sense. it is confusing that just toggling between accounts gives that save/discard message as nothing has changed.

What about settings --> options --> Message Service?
It is one item and no additional settings? Should this be set to a particular account/service book?

Glad I could help. I'm not sure about the other settings. I have been playing around trying to figure this out also.

Bigz
10-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Glad I could help. I'm not sure about the other settings. I have been playing around trying to figure this out also.

Thanks, let me know if you figure any more out!

dkf747
10-05-2005, 09:13 PM
With all the questions about the TMO web client change, is the change more hurtful than helpful?

Speaking for myself, I am getting to like the way the changes work. I am glad they did it, but wish more info was available.

rcbjr
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Originally posted by jbairdjr
______
I know I don't want cingular to change. I want to be able to keep access to my blackberry email, including attachments, on my blackberry, without having to set up yet another account, espically a yahoo account. I hope Cingular keeps BWC/BIS just the way it is now.

Rcbjr

Soapm
10-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Originally posted by jbairdjr
______
I know I don't want cingular to change. I want to be able to keep access to my blackberry email, including attachments, on my blackberry, without having to set up yet another account, espically a yahoo account. I hope Cingular keeps BWC/BIS just the way it is now.

Rcbjr

The real advantage is Yahoo gives you a much bigger mailbox than BIS. Also, you can make most settings right from the BB. I found that I could delete the service book when I want quite time.

Adrenaline909
10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
With these new changes, has anyone experience a delay in emails coming to you. I have a POP3 email setup to go to my BB. With the webclient it was almost instant. now, it's like a 20 min delay. it's like it's not push email anymore.