PDA

View Full Version : Syncronizing RSS read items with Google Reader

kramed
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I just got a Bold. One of the main reasons I got it was so I can read my feeds on the bus. The big issue I am running into is I read a feed on the mobile but then the same feed entries are showing up again in my Google Reader that I already read. This is a problem as there are ~30 feeds.

I am using Viigo and its Google Reader login but that seems only to download the feeds. NewsGator can sync between the mobile version and the desktop version but the UI is terrible for the BlackBerry. I also dont think I could put up with the Windows version either so NewsGator is out of the question.

Is there another solution using Google Reader? Any other Blackberry apps that will integrate well with Google Readers read items? I looked at Freerange but from what I gather from their website and support section, it looks like junk.

Does Googles API support reading/writing particular feed entries as read? What about implementing Google Reader shared items? Viigo planning on implementing this? Would love to find a solution!

UncleMike
12-14-2008, 07:52 PM
I too was disappointed with Viigo's "synchronization" with Google Reader.

Prior to using Viigo I used Google Reader with the Blackberry Browser. I liked that approach because everything remained in sync because it was all in "the cloud". I stuck with Viigo because I realized that I do most of my reading on my mobile anyway. You might want to give Google Reader on your BB a shot.