PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Need to clear prev owners details from blackberry dbase.

foneranger
12-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Hi, i am a UK dealer based in south africa and i am selling used blackberry. However when my customers try and register the devices with the networks here, it seems that they cant do it because its previously been registered elsewhere. Is there any way that the previous owners details can be removed without knowing their details???? This is causing me many problems and i am willing to pay the right person for doing this on a regular basis. i have some imei and pin numbers here now to test. many thanks

darren

TroyDBrown
12-15-2008, 04:29 AM
You have to contact the carrier the pin is registered too, speak to them nicely and see if they will release it.

Foxglove
12-15-2008, 04:35 AM
Wirelessly posted

If when trying to register they are receiving the message 'this imei/pin is registered with another service provider' then they need to set up from the email settings icon on the device or navigate to the webpage from the device not on the computer. The email settings icon is often not present on the device until a BIS account has been activated. This email settings icon is also separate from the set up wizard.

If however they get a message stating that the PIN is registered to another email account then the previous owner needs to release the pin from their blackberry internet service account. You could also try contacting the previous network/carrier to have it released but they often prefer to deal with the account holder.

Hope that helps.