PDA

View Full Version : Google Calendar Sync Alarm question

AllanRosen
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
When I set up a meeting on my Google Calendar, it syncs well to my BB. However, the event has no alarm; when I set up the meeting on my BB directly, it has an alarm. So what I want to do is set up the meeting on Google calendar, sync it to my BB and have it automatically alarm me 10 minutes before the meeting. The synced event doesn't "bring" any alarm with it. Can anybody help me here?

dualsub2006
12-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question, but you are setting a pop up reminder right? Email or SMS reminders won't transfer to the BB calendar. When I set a pop up reminder in GCal it transfers to the BB calendar via GSync every time.

AllanRosen
12-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question, but you are setting a pop up reminder right? Email or SMS reminders won't transfer to the BB calendar. When I set a pop up reminder in GCal it transfers to the BB calendar via GSync every time.
dualsub--- you're exactly right!!! I just set up an event of google calendar and I have now enabled pop-up by default. When it synced over to my BB, it set the alarm! Perfect---- thank you!!

breakerfall
12-17-2008, 11:04 AM
thanks for pointing this out...
tho, i really think any Google-set alarm should transfer over as a BB-popup.

agree/disagree?

dualsub2006
12-17-2008, 05:27 PM
thanks for pointing this out...
tho, i really think any Google-set alarm should transfer over as a BB-popup.

agree/disagree?Disagree. If I want a pop up notification I will set a pop up notification. You can have a popup, SMS and email notification in GCal so I don't see a need to force me to push past a popup on my BB that I probably didn't even want.

EDIT: I mean that you can have all 3 notifications types at once simply by adding another alarm.

saymen
12-25-2008, 02:55 PM
i have a problem too,

if i put a new meeting in my bb 8120 i have automatically set a reminder,
as soon as its sycronised with gcal the reminder dissapears.

same happens if i set in my outlook calendar a appoinment with (standard reminder) 0 minutes. the reminder is vanished after syncing it with gcal.

anybody the same problem and idea how to avoid it? i trid the setting in gcal but couldnt find anything really