PDA

View Full Version : BB Messenger question...

Serkle K
12-18-2008, 10:23 AM
I tried a search, but I guess I didnt use it right, cause I couldnt find anything...

Does BBM allow you to send out a mass PIN message w/o having to start a "group" conversation?

Meaning I have a few people on my list and I want to give them a heads up about something, but not have them have to reply to everyone else about it (make sense?).

or do I have to PIN them individually? Not all of them know each other, so I dont see the point of all of them having to be in the same "conversation" but I would like to send them all the same reminder message.

JSanders
12-18-2008, 10:28 AM
You can do a broadcast message to BBM contacts.

Serkle K
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanx, I just tried to search for the last 30 minutes, and I couldnt find anything on broadcast messaging. How do I go about doing this from the Bold? I didn't see an option for any kind of broad cast, just creating a group, and inviting all to a conversation.

JSanders
12-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I mentioned the function in BlackBerry Messenger.

That is not a function in the normal messages.

Serkle K
12-18-2008, 01:06 PM
I mentioned the function in BlackBerry Messenger.

That is not a function in the normal messages.

I must be seriously missing something then... when I open my BBM i hit menu, and I dont see anything about a broadcast message :?

Serkle K
12-23-2008, 01:02 PM
So how do I go about broadcasting a message using the BBM?

impak875
12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I have also been looking for this feature... I have been unable to find it in either the BBM nor the help feature within the phone. I am currently running 4.5.0.110 with a BB 8310.

dushanth
01-28-2009, 12:23 AM
how do broadcast message to ur bb contacts not to conversation contacts

caluse
07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
i did it in another way, it will take some time at first but later on it will be very fast
first you need to add ur friend pin to their contact name in ur Contacts list
then go to MESSAGES ->OPTION -> COMPOSE PIN
and add ur friend names from ur contact list like u do it in EMAILING

also u can create a group in the contact list and send to them with the same steps

they will received ur msg through messages not into the BBM.
try to send to ur self at first and see how it came out just add ur pin to the msg
i hope i answered u

takeshi
07-14-2009, 09:19 AM
^^^ That would be my recommendation.