PDA

View Full Version : Security Certifcates

CyberJack
10-04-2005, 09:51 AM
If this has been addressed elsewhere sorry, I did do a search.

After upgrading to the latest handheld code for the TMO 7100t, I was checking things and under Certificates in Settings and all but the very last Certificate has a Green check mark. The last one has a question mark.
It is Verisign/RSA Secure Server. If I select Verify it says that it is OK, if I go into Details and select Fetch Status I receive an Internal Proxy Provider Error.

I spent extensive amounts of time on the phone with TMO and RIM last night.
RIMs conclusion was the my BES provider needed to turn on SMIME on the server and all would be fine. I contacted my BES provider this morning and they turned it on, but the error has not changed.

Any ideas on this? Any idea how to correct this? Is it worth losing sleep over as far as security of the BB? Thanks in advance for the help.

blkberryboy
10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Cyber,
After they turned on the SMIME, did you do a reset. I would try that and see if that helps,

T-Roy
10-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Are you even using S/MIME encrypted e-mail... that is what it is for...

They would need to specify an LDAP server and a base query as well.

CyberJack
10-04-2005, 02:40 PM
T ROY:
Thanks for the assist. No I am not using S/MIME encrypted mail. I readily confess I am not conversant in it. I was just concerned about the Certificate and that there might be a security vulnerability because of this.

CyberJack
10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Cyber,
After they turned on the SMIME, did you do a reset. I would try that and see if that helps,

......unfortunately if did not change anything. It is not a real concern to me unless it diminishes the security of the BB are creates some type of vulnerability.

Thanks

P.S. I am a die hard Original Six fan from Boston, now in SoCal. We have ECHL (AA) farm club for the Habs in Long Beach and I am dying for the opener 28 October. Drop the puck!