PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys forward emails with deleting some contaxt of the received

saymen
12-21-2008, 06:04 AM
hi,

i am receiving emails and like you guys surely do as well i would like sometimes
to hide the original senders details, or/and just simply cust some of the message out.

now lets take one example.

i receive an email with a small attachment. i would like to forward it to one emailadress, but i dont want to show where i have got that from.

does anybody have a solution for this? is this not a common thing to do for you? i was using the search, but couldt really find anything for that issue.

also sometimes you simple want to cut some of the message and you cant go on forward email and cut some of the msg out.

i wonder if there is a solution for it

if anybody would share their idea with me here, iŽd be happy(y):razz:

saymen
12-21-2008, 06:07 AM
forgot to say.
i am using a BIS 8120 with 4.5 os.

aiharkness
12-21-2008, 06:37 AM
The BB will allow you to delete the original text with a reply, but not with a forward, as you've discovered. There have been debates on the logic of this. I haven't been around for a while, so haven't read the latest arguments back and forth, but the question does come up frequently. All I can say is that's the way it is.

One work around would be to reply, but delete the sender's address in the To field and then replace with the addresse, copy and paste selected text, then delete original text.

Or, have your sender split the info/data into two emails, one for you and one for forwarding.

0Maybe someone has better ideas.

Another thought, I haven't tried, would be to reply, then

saymen
12-21-2008, 08:29 AM
thanks for your answer, but if you reply you can not delete parts of the text either. so that is not an workaround really.
or did i missunderstand anything?

aiharkness
12-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

When you reply and the email app has generated the reply screen with the original email included, bring up the menu. Do you see a menu item fo delete original text?

SteveO86
12-21-2008, 09:23 AM
I just copy the email into another email and send to whom I need. This way I can add/remove w/e I need.

saymen
12-21-2008, 09:47 AM
yep its working.

not the ideal solution, especially when an attachment would come into the forwarding situation.

aiharkness
12-21-2008, 10:05 AM
SteveO86's solution sounds like a good one for shorter emails. Not sure how it would work for long emails that require you to "more all" a number of times. But I haven't tried this method before.

And, attachments are another issue.

saymen
12-21-2008, 11:31 AM
just quickly.

is there any shortcut on my 8120 for mark all in a message?

SteveO86
12-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Haven't had to forward a real large email that way, as far as attachements, that could be a bit tedious, the only way I can think of is downloading the attachment and then adding it to the new email, very tedious indeed (os 4.5 required for the attachment downlaod)