PDA

View Full Version : delete "all" function

lehozle
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Is there a way to delete all content in the inbox with one command or am I stuck dealing with each message/entry individually?

Thanks in advance...

JSanders
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Open your messages folder > scroll to the top date bar > Menu > DELETE ALL PRIOR.

hickory59
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
How about deleting more than one at a time, but not the whole thing??

JSanders
12-22-2008, 01:05 PM
How about deleting more than one at a time, but not the whole thing??

scroll to the first message you want deleted > press the SHIFT key while scrolling across all those consecutive messages to delete.

All are highlighted > press the delete key.

I would also recommend for you to read Stinsonddog's tips, for your model. See below in my signature.

dyrianq
12-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Open your messages folder > scroll to the top date bar > Menu > DELETE ALL PRIOR.

Thanks, JSanders

hickory59
12-23-2008, 04:37 PM
scroll to the first message you want deleted > press the SHIFT key while scrolling across all those consecutive messages to delete.

All are highlighted > press the delete key.

I would also recommend for you to read Stinsonddog's tips, for your model. See below in my signature.

Thank you very much, and I will most certainly take your advice!

titetanium
12-23-2008, 09:12 PM
If you don't want to delete all of the emails but some selectively, you have a few options.

1) Do a search by name or subject and then highlight the date you want to delete, then menu>delete prior. This is what I do weekly.

2) Highlight the dates you want to delete, i.e. say two weeks ago and prior, then menu>delete prior. This would leave leave you with the most recent emails up to 2 weeks for example. But you can choose any date you want to delete prior though.

3) What Jsanders said.

Hope this helps!

hickory59
12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
If you don't want to delete all of the emails but some selectively, you have a few options.

1) Do a search by name or subject and then highlight the date you want to delete, then menu>delete prior. This is what I do weekly.

2) Highlight the dates you want to delete, i.e. say two weeks ago and prior, then menu>delete prior. This would leave leave you with the most recent emails up to 2 weeks for example. But you can choose any date you want to delete prior though.

3) What Jsanders said.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, everybody! I think BB people are the coolest ever!!!!!