PDA

View Full Version : How do I create playlists on the 8300?

rnaval
12-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I've used Media Manager and was not happy with it's performance. Using explorer, how would I create playlists on the Blackberry?

Thanks...

Kamau
12-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Just Drag & Drop. Using the media manager is a headache.

Edit: My bad.........Welcome to the forum!

rnaval
12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Where exactly would I create the playlists? Should I create under "My Documents \ My Music \ My Playlists" and then drag them to the removable device for the blackberry under my computer?

Thanks for the welcome message, BTW.

Kamau
12-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Just go to My Computer. You should see "Blackberry" there as a file. Just open it and you'll see all your files/folders on your phone.
Better yet, if you have a card reader, take the card out of the phone, place it in the reader, then put the reader in your PC.

rnaval
12-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Don't have a card reader. Maybe something is wrong because I opened my computer, removeable device E: and created a folder at this level but it does not show up on the blackberry.

Kamau
12-22-2008, 02:39 PM
On my PC, it says "Blackberry (F:).
Try unplugging your phone from your PC, then reconnecting it. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer and doing a battery pull on your cell. Reconnect the cell & computer and see what it says when you open "My Computer".

Edit:Sorry......."Blackberry (F)" without the smiley face.

rnaval
12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
My PC is a laptop and I unplug and restart two or three times a day - so it can't be that.

Here's what happens - I have to run desktop manager and then media manager in order to be able to see "Removable device E:" under my computer. I can then drag whatever mp3 files to this device - I can then unplug the blackberry - select Media, Music, All Songs and see my songs there.

usblues1965
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
sounds like you need to let the comp load the usb drives so your comp will see the phone as a mass storage device. Then you can use windows explorer to drag and drop files to the card while its still in your phone.

rnaval
12-22-2008, 03:05 PM
It's an office laptop so maybe there are components that are being restricted. I think I do have a card reader at home actually and I will try using that tonight.

So, I just create a folder, copy songs into it and it will show up on the Blackberry under Media, Music?

Thanks...

Kamau
12-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, but be sure to create it in the music folder. From there, just drag & drop like you would do any other media. Once you get the hang of it, you'll see that it's way more better and quicker than using the manager. That thing is a big headache.
Good luck to you..........and Welcome.

rnaval
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Do you mean create the playlists under My Documents \ My Music \ My Playlists?

Ulukia
12-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Are you trying to create a playlist for the Blackberry or the PC on the Blackberry? If it's for the Blackberry you might be better off downloading a third-party app like xPlayer that has playlist support.

rnaval
12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to create playlists on the Blackberry. Meaning, from the Home screen, I select Media, then Music and then I should be able to see either folders or playlists.

Do I need this third party app to do that?

Thanks...

Ulukia
12-22-2008, 11:35 PM
You have two options:

You can move each music file to a folder and have Media Player play them consecutively
Create a playlist using a third-party app, which in turn would also allow for shuffle and repeat modes.

rnaval
12-23-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm interested in the first option - create folders and move music files into them to be played consecutively. How do you create the folders?

Ulukia
12-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Two ways:

On the Blackberry:

Open Media app
Press the Menu button, select Explore
Go to your music (Defaults: Media Card/BlackBerry/music *or* Device Memory/home/user/music)
Press the Menu button, select New Folder
Highlight music file you want to move
Press Menu button, select Move
Now move it to the created folder, repeat for each additional music file

On the PC:

Plug in USB cable to PC and BlackBerry
If an Autoplay window opens, select Open folder to view files. If not, go to My Computer and open the Removable Disk
Go to your music (Default: Removable Disk/BlackBerry/music [Internal memory cannot be accessed outside of Roxio's Media Manager])
Create New Folder, then right-click and rename
Highlight each music file you want and click and drag, or cut and paste, to new folder

rnaval
12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Ulukia
12-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Np. Enjoy your stay at BBForums.